Pictures in UpGrades

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed many of the pictures that were part of the illustrated upgrade section are no longer there - just little boxes with red squares inside them. I'm not very computer savy so maybe there is something I don't know that will allow me to view the pictures on my PC. If the pictures are gone can the club do anything to retrieve them and-or permanently own-display them? :dunno:Also, has anyone purchased the "repair-pro" CD sold on eBay? I'm just wondering if it would be a worthy addition to the shop manuals.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures were added by whomever put together the Illustrated Upgrade. These pictures are usually being hosted on a site other than the VCA. If the author removes the pictures from their host site, then they disappear from the Illustrated Upgrade thread.

I think that once a moderator/administrator decides to put a thread in the Illustrated Upgrades, the pictures should be copied to the VCA site where they can't be deleted/moved.

There are a bunch of Illustrated Upgrades that are practically unusable :(.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures were added by whomever put together the Illustrated Upgrade. These pictures are usually being hosted on a site other than the VCA. If the author removes the pictures from their host site, then they disappear from the Illustrated Upgrade thread.

I think that once a moderator/administrator decides to put a thread in the Illustrated Upgrades, the pictures should be copied to the VCA site where they can't be deleted/moved.

There are a bunch of Illustrated Upgrades that are practically unusable :(.

You are correct on all counts! It's a hard lesson learned, but going forward, anytime a new IU is created, a copy of the pictures (with the owners permission) will be put into our gallery for posterity.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe an admin or mod can just contact the original poster and get the pics uploaded to the server.

Anything put on photobucket will at some point get removed unless they login from time to time or pay, which no one does.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery