Pictures of GTS's with 19's and slammed

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas on wheels. I have gone through the wheel threads already. Wondering if there are any others out there on coilovers and 19's.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I think theses may be 20's. You should at least do 20" rear! IMO. This is what I was shooting for with my car.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done 20's with all of my SRT's, but have seen some GTS's with 19s that look good IMO. I hate the current 20" tire selection. They are either too short, or too tall.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. I run 345/25/20 and would like to go wider. I have been smoking the hell out of them lately. I also run 295/25/20 fronts which I am happy with. I will probably switch to 355/20/20 next time.

Just put some fat Drag tires on the rear, and skinnies on the front!

Did you end up getting a TT?

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The P-Zero is probably the worst hooking tire built, sidewalls blow out routinely, and they don't make them any more, so most around are hard tires that need shelved. The Invo isn't the great in corners, but goes straight fairly well, and is nearly an inch shorter than stock which isn't ideal. The PS2 is a good all around tire, but huge at nearly 28 inches tall, and rub when aggressively lowered. I have a set of 335/25 PS2's here, and they are just as short as the Invo. No one makes a decent 20 for the GTS. The Invo looks fine to me on an SRT, but on a GTS, if you want your gaps equal, the rear sits lower than the front.

Before the track heroes whine, this is purely a street car.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IDK about the PZero being the worst. I guess depending on size. Everyone has their own opinion, and everyones car/style plays a huge factor. I have heard guys with Vipers, and Lambos complain about the Invo's wheel hop. I have had Invo's and never had a problem. IDK. I deal with tires ALL day everyday and I tell you 90% have no idea what they are talking about, and the other 10% have no idea whats going on. 100% of them all have different opinons.

I ran 12.000 with my GTS on P-Zero's 20" on a factory car. My opinion..... THEY HOOK UP GREAT! Does well in corners? IDK I don't track them, but street corners are fine.

Sidewalls routinely blow out? That doesn't make sense on any tire ran at proper pressure/temp. Pirelli's old problem was lack of treadwear rating which was addressed years back.

PS2's yeah! I think almost everyone loves them. Price is the problem there usually. And available sizes.

Equal gaps can be very on a lot of factors. Equal drop is the obvious, but wheel/tire size is your biggest factor. I don't like the look of 20/19 because if you run the wrong tire size up front it looks funny. 20/20 avoids that problem as long as you don't run a big O' ballon tire up there.

Ahh im rambling.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not trying to slam your Pirelli's, but they are the worst hooking tire I have ever run, and they have had their share of sidewall issues. I'll post some ideas here in a minute on 19's. I am just wondering if anyone else is or has experienced the same decision.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I would like these a hair lower.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how to delete the scenery on this one, so if it is too much for the section, please remove it.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of SW's old cars

Bushido's and Simms

Attachments

• 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darius's old car. Gaps equal, the car is low in the rear. 20/20's Car still looks damn nice IMO.

Darius's old car with 335/30's out back. Sits more level, but you can see rub marks on the tires. I like this look, but hate that they rub.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MTGTS, could you have gone any lower, or would you have rubbed?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MTGTS, could you have gone any lower, or would you have rubbed?

I have Penske's on the car so I could go lower if I turned the compression up. The rear rubbed @ that height sometimes but just barely. I never adjusted it because I had it setup for the track and didn't wanna play with ride height everytime I went to the track. It doesn't rub with my 18's

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of these days I'll take the time to learn how to post pics. The wheels on my car are Forgeline polished VR-1's. The rim shows at least 2" from the center of the wheel. They are the deepest I've seen on a Viper. She was the only one of the 9 Daytona24's that came with the VR-1's from the dealer and are about the best looking wheels I've ever seen that fit the Viper. I could be a little biased but liked them even before I bought the car.

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not slammed, lowered about an 1.25" on KWs, but they are 19s. Going lower soon with a new wheel and tire setup.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to 19/20 you can use the new Pilot Super Sports. They have a higher profile than the Nitto's, but are a far superior tire.

If looks are the ultimate desire, Nitto is a great way to go, and the tires are pretty decent too.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to 19/20 you can use the new Pilot Super Sports. They have a higher profile than the Nitto's, but are a far superior tire.

If looks are the ultimate desire, Nitto is a great way to go, and the tires are pretty decent too.

The new Pilots have the same profile as the existing PS2 and look like a snow tire from the side. Great tire, but same issue the PS2 has with height on the GTS. They work well on the coupe, and are a better tire than the Invo, but the height kills them on the GTS if you want the car low.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car DanielR. That car another inch down would be pretty hard to beat. What is the new set up?

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice car DanielR. That car another inch down would be pretty hard to beat. What is the new set up?

I'm planning to lower it a bit more with the new setup below.

I've always wanted to try the all black look, so I'm going with the following.

Forgeline DE3P all satin black with PS2s
18" Front/19" Rear

The 18/19 stagger keeps the sidewalls about the same size. That is hard to do with 19/19. The front sidewall will almost always be smaller.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960