Place NOT to buy a race trailer!

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to buy a 24ft. Haulmark Edge II trailer recently. I was trying to deal with COUNTRYSIDE TRAILER SALES in Spring, Texas. I was trying to work with a salesman named DAVID. I have NEVER been treated so poorly when buying a product. It would be a LONG post if I give details here so anyone feel free to email with details. Our final conversation ended with him cursing me when I asked to speak to another person at the dealership and he stated that he didn't need my or my club's business. He had all the business he could handle anyway. Once I relayed my experience with others in the Texas area, they too complained greatly about their service after the sale. I recently found a great dealer in Baton Rouge, LA. called CENTRAL HITCH. I dealt with Doug, Jr. They rolled out the red carpet. This was done completely on the phone and were very helpful. My treatment was completely opposite at Central Hitch as compared to COUNTRYSIDE.
This was MY personal experience and would suggest spending your hard earned money where it would be appreciated.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it makes you think how they make a living....do they rob people blind? Better see if you still have your wallet, they may have pick-pocketed you....

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think one problem is, unlike Dodge,Ford, and Cheverolet dealers, there is not a Haulmark dealer on every corner. The one in Spring is the closest to Houston (very big market). So where else can the locals go for service? I am 3 hours from Spring and 2 1/2 hours from Baton Rouge in the opposite direction. People from Houston would have to drive 5 hours for service. You are a prisoner of convenience. I guess the one thing about service for a trailer is hopefully you won't need it as often as a car.

OP
OP
G

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer to use the trailer but you are not close enough to me to use as I need it. My trailer should be in by this weekend and I just ordered a new truck to pull it. My 2002 GMC Crew Cab Duramax Diesel 4X4 2500 HD should handle it fine. I've heard good things about Haulmark trailers in general from many people. And yes, Countryside is a Haulmark dealer. I wanted a Featherlite trailer (Central Hitch also sells these) but they are literally twice the price. They are a superior product though. One of the best out there.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking the plunge with a trailer from "The Aluminum Trailer" company. www.aluminumtrailer.com

Their staff has been very helpful in designing it and it will have not a stick of wood in it, with MIG welded chassis and extruded aluminum floor. Their references sing their praises and the pricing is about 60-70% of Featherlight. I pick it up over Thanksgiving in Indiana.

Along those lines, anyone need a vehicle transported anywhere between Chicago and Dallas over Thanksgiving?

I will report on quality when I get it.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Chicago, ordered my trailer over the phone with a company in Iowa, and then went right to the Haulmark distribution center in Indiana to pick it up. All the trailer place did was handle my paperwork. I got a 20', extra wide for $4,200 brand new. This was three years ago. It was like doing a lesser version of the Viper pick-up program. Plus it saved on freight charges.

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
The picture below is from their site.
Somebody isn't actually towing a trailer with a Viper, are they?

You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recently bought from The Aluminum Trailer Company.
The salesman said the Viper trailer was for the Michelin guys that won the One Lap of America the last two years.
My trailer turned out great. They were very patient working out all the special details. I'd recommend them.
Fred

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
The picture below is from their site.
Somebody isn't actually towing a trailer with a Viper, are they?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what Chuck 98RT needs, a tow hitch on one viper to tow his other one ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96