Plastic Power Steering Pulley

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I joined the elite club of people that have grenaded their plastic power steering pulley. Everything else was fine including the power steering pump bracket.

I don't know how many people this has happened to, but you might want to consider swapping out your plastic pulley on a Gen II before you get stranded on the side of the road.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happened to me week 2 of ownership. It is a cheap piece of plastic. Lotsa fun getting flatbedded to dealer. Not.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its very common with S/C cars, the billet pulley should be part of the S/C package or the owners made aware of the problem

OP
OP
V

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its very common with S/C cars, the billet pulley should be part of the S/C package or the owners made aware of the problem

I wouldn't think that a Roe supercharger would put that much extra pressure on the power steering pulley as it uses the stock belt tensioner.

I also couldn't believe how thin and cheaply made the stock plastic pulley was.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wouldn't think that a Roe supercharger would put that much extra pressure on the power steering pulley as it uses the stock belt tensioner.

I also couldn't believe how thin and cheaply made the stock plastic pulley was.

amongst our club S/C owners (only a few) got a 100% pulley failure rate, before the word spread and people changed over to the billet pulley. *** had one go at 177mph at a track event last year, scary stuff I bet !

we've only had one failure as yet that i've heard of in a stock GTS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang