Played with a Nissan GTR

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the freeway today and a nissan came up behind me. I thought it was a 300 Z but found out it was not. I down shifted into 3rd and hit the throttle hard, and seemed to gain distance. Not sure if it was merely his reaction time behind mine or :dunno:

In a 3rd gear pull from 70, would he be faster than my stock Gen IV? I let up and he passed me and we both waved.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good friend of mine just worked on a new GTR friday afternoon (oil change,brakes)
owner told him to take it out and run it. it has a few mods, puts down 620rwhp or AW ? im not sure. he said it pulls like a freight train from a dig.

hes pretty familiar with my car and thinks from a dig with the AWD, the GTR pulls me. i would agree since i dont do that kind of racing. a highway pull, he said id kill it.

but that kind of power should be respected

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw one at the stripe a couple weeks ago. From a dig and ****ty launch that thing hauled ass.
I'd think stock you'd have him from a roll but from a dig wiuld depend on how while u can launch ur viper. Either way he might get the jump on you but after the 60 you should bring him in and walk pass. Again stock to stock.
I know of one making mid to high 500 that run sub 10.7 in the quarter.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Gen 4 and the GTR are VERY close stock for stock in straight line performance. Their launch control usually gives them the slight advantage from the times I have seen. Past 1/4 mile, dont know, but imagine the Gen 4 would then have the advantage. A member on here last year who has an ACR AND a GTR posted better times with his GTR.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTR is a lot easier to launch, AWD, automatic, launch control...

Gen IV will destroy it from a roll, stock for stock. I personally like the GTR, but not for the price.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A LIL BIT OF BAD AND GOOD IMFORMATION HERE..

A GTR is a 117-120 mph 1/4 mile car

A gen4 is a 126-129 mph 1/t mile car

9 mph faster is huge

yes from a dead stop to 130 mph it is very close simply because the gtr will get a 1.6 60 foot while you will get a 2.0 60 foot..the awd verses your rwd is a huge advantage..

but from a roll were the awd advantage will not come into play...

Then it is what it is..a 550 rwhp 3450 pound gen4 viper verses a 3800 pound 450 rwhp GTR..And that 9 mph advantage for the Viper will show it's mighty head and just walk away from the GTR...

From a roll a 117-120 mph GTR and 119-122 mph gen3 srt10 are a very close run with the gen3 haveing the edge on power to weight and the GTR haveing the advantage on flawless shifts..It would be very close

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good friend of mine just worked on a new GTR friday afternoon (oil change,brakes)
owner told him to take it out and run it. it has a few mods, puts down 620rwhp or AW ? im not sure. he said it pulls like a freight train from a dig.

hes pretty familiar with my car and thinks from a dig with the AWD, the GTR pulls me. i would agree since i dont do that kind of racing. a highway pull, he said id kill it.

but that kind of power should be respected

You've got a rebuild engine with lots of power but you won't use it in order not to kill it?!? Am I missing some parts of the story or do you actually mean your car can't handle a step on the gas on the highway?

Not trying to be rude, but I just don't get it.

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You've got a rebuild engine with lots of power but you won't use it in order not to kill it?!? Am I missing some parts of the story or do you actually mean your car can't handle a step on the gas on the highway?

Not trying to be rude, but I just don't get it.

I think the "it" Plum was referring to was the GTR.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont like 1/4 mile/from a dig type racing so i dont do it. the car is very capable of it but the driver is NOT.

on the highway its more than capable and has been since i got the car back 2 years ago. Allegedly, MANY 60-160 runs in mexico have taken place. some at a much higher rate of speed

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont like 1/4 mile/from a dig type racing so i dont do it. the car is very capable of it but the driver is NOT.

on the highway its more than capable and has been since i got the car back 2 years ago. Allegedly, MANY 60-160 runs in mexico have taken place. some at a much higher rate of speed

Ow, now I understand...You hear way to often about people tuning their cars to the max and than being afraid to use it order not to break it as it's not stock. I always think they would be better of not to tune if they're not going to use it. But luckily I understood you wrong!

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Owning both cars I would say it would be a close race....The ACR "feels" faster but the GTR hauls ass....I'm not a strip guy so have never been on any 1/4 mile runs....

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the freeway today and a nissan came up behind me. I thought it was a 300 Z but found out it was not. I down shifted into 3rd and hit the throttle hard, and seemed to gain distance. Not sure if it was merely his reaction time behind mine or :dunno:

In a 3rd gear pull from 70, would he be faster than my stock Gen IV? I let up and he passed me and we both waved.

thats not what lancearomance stated:lmao:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cruising for a few miles alongside of a GTR with my GTS and he couldnt pull on me. As expected... since im putting down 460hp/500tq and stock GTR's only put down 420hp/420tq or so And are 400 lbs heavier than a viper.

Was hoping we would stop at a light so i could witness first hand his clutch/trans explode...:)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Plum anytime you want i will get that baby tested for you at Englishtown.The driver who will run her is very well versed in DLM cars from prior ecxperiances with them.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps if time is a factor the test will only last a few runs

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cruising for a few miles alongside of a GTR with my GTS and he couldnt pull on me. As expected... since im putting down 460hp/500tq and stock GTR's only put down 420hp/420tq or so And are 400 lbs heavier than a viper.

Was hoping we would stop at a light so i could witness first hand his clutch/trans explode...:)

sounds good to me..just be happy it was from a roll..i dont want none from a dig..

lol at the explodin trannie

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ow, now I understand...You hear way to often about people tuning their cars to the max and than being afraid to use it order not to break it as it's not stock. I always think they would be better of not to tune if they're not going to use it. But luckily I understood you wrong!
It does happen ALOT with MANY aftermarket systems as they absolutely do not like to be kept in boost heatsoaked on very hot days.A friend of a friend has a fully built Paxton Gen 3 car and between cost of the system PLUS REPAIRS (detonation ,blown head gaskets ,travel expense ect )has laid out over 50k (total system cost plus repairs) on top of the cost of the car.Every time he puts the thing in boost he worrys about it breaking and of course the money acssociating with the fix.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It does happen ALOT with MANY aftermarket systems as they absolutely do not like to be kept in boost heatsoaked on very hot days.A friend of a friend has a fully built Paxton Gen 3 car and between cost of the system PLUS REPAIRS (detonation ,blown head gaskets ,travel expense ect )has laid out over 50k (total system cost plus repairs) on top of the cost of the car.Every time he puts the thing in boost he worrys about it breaking and of course the money acssociating with the fix.

Get your 'friend' to take his car to a knowledgeable tuner and get it fixed. Us guys with actual Tuner Cars don't have issues. Besides, with double the stock hp we seldom ever get to use much throttle.

With proper Tuner Cars, like mine and PLums, we have no traction under 60mph and that makes the car a little dangerous. That's why many Tuner cars are careful. We also get tired of idiots in STOCK cars trying to race all the time.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can see the GTR having a slight advantage at the start, but normally all cars with AWD systems really slow down near 100mph. A fast AWD system would disconnect at 60mph, but they don't.

I think that the GTR with it's 4 drive tires has a couple inches more rubber than the ACR on the road? 25" as compared to about 31" for the GTRs 4 tires? 'Course a set of $500 Drag Radials would probably change that around really quick.

Ted