Pleas help me. I could not fit in the Viper.

tomg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went down to Orlando Dodge Friday to buy my first Viper. I have a 2005 convertible vette on order but have had those cars for the last 10 years and am ready for a change. They had 4 vipers, a 2005 red, a black mamba 04, a red 04 and a black 04. I was going to purchase the black 04. I have wanted one of these cars for a long time and financially now can afford one. How surprised was I when my head stuck about 4 inches above the roll bar and my forehead was about exactly even with the visor. I could just about look out over the front windshield easier that through it. Even leaning to the side on the center console really did not help. I was so depressed when I left that dealership.

I am 6'7" about 280. Is there anyone out there my size with one of these cars? My neighbor suggested having a custom seat made and maybe that's what I have to do. I have also seen a post about 2" seat lowering bolts. Please tell if there something I can do. Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could cut you off at the knees. :D The only thing i could think of is a lowering kit for the seat. Good luck hope it all works out for you. :2tu:

Samurai75007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6'4'' and 275. I fit with a snug every day but when I start driving around it feels better. I think that somewhere there's got to be something to make more room but I got no idea.

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two different lowering kits one 1" and another 2" search this forum for more info. I am also about 6'4" 260# but have more trouble with my vettes than the viper neither one is great but workable. The Z06 I have to lay the seat back just to drive the thing.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a couple tall guys in our club (6'6" and 6'8") and they both put the Northwind seat lowering kits in. One is in my previous 2003 SRT and I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made. I sat down and felt like one of those commercials where all the basketball players looked like little kids. See if somebody in your area has already done this to their car and ask if you can sit in it. I know one of our taller guys did the kit and just removed the visors entirely. Worked for him!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has hit it on the head! Northwind 2" kit will amaze you at the difference! :2tu:

I'm 6'6" and fit very well, even with a helmet!

OP
OP
T

tomg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Y2K5SRT you said you're buddy has the SRT-10 with the 2" lowering kit and also removed the visors. When he put in the 2" lowering kit you can set it so the seat is all the way back against the wall of the cabin though before you lock it in place right? As I understand it, once you put these in you cannot move the seat fore or aft anymore which is fine with me. Was wondering if it would be possible to talk to one of the two guys you metioned in your post if they are willing I could PM them? If they are confident that I can make it work I'll purchase the car and then try those 2 things out. Really appreciate the response. I really want this car.

Casey, you have the SRT-10 or a GTS still? I have been told that the GTS's have a little more room.

Anyone know of someone putting in a custom seat?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a GTS, minus the visor and a 2" lowering kit.

I guess I forgot this was the SRT-10 forum! :p

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yoooo Big Fella,

I'm only 6'4" and 250 but long waisted. I installed the Northwind 2 inch seat lowering kit and love it. The Visors don't bother me, but you could remove them if they bother you. The seat will still recline with this kit and that's how I drive mine, seat all the way back. With the adjustable pedals in the 04, my wife can drive it (she's only 5'8"). Also, as with some of you guys, the fit is very tight at the butt / thigh area upon entry. It does loosen up after driving a bit. I use the dead pedal for my left foot and this helps quite a bit. Hopefully, the new coupe will address some of these issues with perhaps an electric seat or lower floor for the driver. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

tomg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys thanks for the advice. I pulled the trigger and bought one!!!!!!!! Picking it up Thurs.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys thanks for the advice. I pulled the trigger and bought one!!!!!!!! Picking it up Thurs.

Good call. Even if you have to use a shoe horn to get into it - it's worth it

AND you look like the NUTTY PROF. :2tu: :D :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Chase