Please help...2nd Request

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this question last week, but didn't get a response (maybe i seemed impolite or was a little assertive?) Can someone please tell me the overall length of their GTS? Also, most importantly (to me) the length from the front bumper to the base of the windshield. I'd really appreciate it!

I ask this b/c I have a low ceiling height of 9' 6" in my garage, but it is somewhat deep at 22'. My plan is to install a 4 post lift (which is 14' in length) and raise one car high enough to slide the front of the viper underneath.

Thanks again, Rob...

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
from the tip of the bumper to the closest part of wiper. 67.5 inches. +/- .

bumper to bumper. 178 inches (this is really just a good eyeball number, but close)

hope this helps

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Heck, with 114"...should be easy...try working with 103" !!

Can park Gen I, II, or III on top...but only Gen I below, unless I go nose first with a Gen II and stop with the top 5mm away from the lift's cross bar.

Measure your ceiling in several locations, and measure the cars a bunch...have lift built to your specs (watch thickness of foot pads), with pin lock stops at top to prevent a "crush" on top...and REMEMBER, one must go up a little, before many of these lifts can go down.

If you need more measurements, send me an e-mail.

Good luck

OP
OP
F

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can feel the love now! Seriously though, thanks Hemibeep and Steve-Indy for the quick responses. I'll let you know how it goes.

Steve, maybe there is hope for me yet to get the viper all the way in there? The other car is a lowered 930 which is 47" high. I'll re-measure everything and ask the lift company about necessary "play" in order to lock pins (or enable lift to go downwards, as you say). :cool: