PLEASE HELP! Hood's stuck....

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP! Hood\'s stuck....

hey guys, i opened my hood last night to show some friends the beast's engine... now, i can't get the hood shut. it's jammed. the passenger's side near the windshield is down, the drivers side near the windshield is up and the very front doesn't move much (it's open about 2 inches). i saw a thread a while back discussing the moving of latches, etc. i know mine has moved, i need to move it back as soon as i get this resolved....

what i need to know is how do i un-jam the hood right now? don't want to be too forceful and foul something up. please help! thx.

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: PLEASE HELP! Hood\'s stuck....

You may get someone to lift on the passenger side at the same time someone else is pressing down on the drivers side to make it more even?

Maybe you can spray some wd-40 at where it is jammed to possibly help loosen it?

But like you said, you don't want to be too forceful, because the hood can crack.

That *****....Good luck.

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you need to get the drivers side by the windshield down first, so that both sides are seated, then gently work with it until you can close it. Be careful, like Chris said above you can crack the hood.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It takes 2 people to get it freed up. One to push down and toward the side thats caught up, the second person to pull on the release lever.

Dead President

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with Jeff. This happened to me once, and I had to push down on the hood latch in the front of the car while someone pulled the hood release.