please help me decide on stripe pattern

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after waiting for several months my car will finally be getting stripes painted on (black on graphite) this week. I like the factory style with 8" and 4" gap but I also like the wider look like the car in the link. I'll get one shot to get this right because they're painted so please I would like everyone's opinion. it is a 2002 metallic graphite rt/10 with autoform wing and satin black SRT-10 6-spokes. Thanks you for your inputs.

I believe these are 10 or 11 inch in the link
http://cardiff-classics.ebizautos.com/detail-1995-dodge-viper-rt~10-used-4849537.html

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO stick with the factory width on your car. Those fat stripes look good, but I think that's because they're on a first gen car. With the NACA duct I think your car will look better with the factory style stripes.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with the factory 8 x 4.
Those wide ones look homemade and weird.

93rt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wider stripes personally, but either way I would do them in vinyl and not paint. Why would you use paint? It's more expensive and it is permanent. Vinyl is only kinda permanent (paint fade + pain in the ass to remove)-lol. Plus I highly doubt anyone would even be able to tell the difference with out rubbing a fingernail over it.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had stripes put on my car 1.5 weeks ago done in vinyl. I Would also recommend the factory 8 x 4 and agree with 93rt10's post, I originally was going to have stripes painted on until I saw another club members car with vinyl and thought that it was paint. It is hard to tell the difference unless you are very close. Put a coat or 2 of wax on the stripes after they are done and it's almost impossible to tell the difference. Cost wise, my vinyl stripes were $300 including material, the estimates I got on paint were anywhere from $1500 to $2300 depending on if they took body panels off the car. So even if down the road you want them painted on, you're not out that much money initially going with vinyl IMO. Good luck either way, the black on graphite is a great color combo.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wider stripes personally, but either way I would do them in vinyl and not paint. Why would you use paint?
Minor repair to bumper cover and hood so will have rest of car wet sanded to blend so I got a pretty good deal to paint. I think paint will look a little nicer at first but alot nicer in the long run due to vinyl fading, cracking, etc...

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While I definitely like with wider stripes, in my opinion probably best to go with factory specs. I think I'd go paint also even though much more difficult to get that sharp edge.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all for your inputs, I decided to go with 9x4 to give it a slightly wider than factory look but not too wide

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Omegac1, the guy that did mine is in North NJ: Custom Vinyl Designs, Larry Dicola 973-214-9716 or [email protected]. He can probably order some and send them to you-I think he uses 3M stripes. V10enemous had his stripes done by this guy as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang