Please help with the battery or maybe otherwise

W. SKAF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok,
Just about 6 month ago that i bought my brand new 2005 SRT10 Mamba and i left it in my buddy's garage for about 30 days because i was remodeling my home and i did not want anyone to touch it, anyhow, when i went to get it and that's about 2 months ago it did not start it needed a jump which i did and somehow i felt like i had to start the car atleast every 3 days just to keep the battery full but now i was taking it out for a spin and i needed a jump agoin so i figure just by driving it for couple of hours the battery will recharge but it did not, the battery gauge on the dash it states 12v, so what is the problem, the car has only 1000 miles could it be that the battery is not holding the charge or does not get charged how can i test that? please help

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, Disconnect your battery and charge it. After it is charged, let it stand for an hour and then do a load test on the battery. This will tell you if you have a bad battery. After it is all hooked up again and running use the same load tester and see how many volts your alternator is putting out. You should see 13.5 - 14 volts when you rev the engine. I hope this helps,

Robbie

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
These are deep cycle batteries and if it has sat alot over a period of time , with very few times running, there is a good chance you need a new one. Take it down to your local Dealer, as it should be covered. If you don't drive it very often, think about a trickle charger, as this may extend the life the second time around.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can save your battery by putting the car to "sleep". The procedure is in the owners manual. I'm surprised so many people are unaware of this feature.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
You can save your battery by putting the car to "sleep". The procedure is in the owners manual. I'm surprised so many people are unaware of this feature.

Not to be proud of it (or embarrassed by that matter) but I do not recall ever reading the manual... :confused: ??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960