Please help!!

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can’t believe it has come to this, but I need to sell my Viper and sell it fast. My wife has been ill for many months now and the expenses are pushing six figures. Since I love my wife a lot more than my car I really have no choice.

I know that this is not the correct place to post this, but please leave it here so the most people will get a chance to see it.

I hope to get my life put back together soon and come back. I really appreciate all of the information and support I have gotten from the Viper community.

Here is what I have.

1995 Viper Green/Tan leather.

2,400 miles, last 300 side pipe car.

VIN 1B3BR65E5SV200949

Near perfect condition.

Added care Warranty with $100 deductible good thru 5/22/07 or 61,545 miles (paid $2536) for it.

258Keith-Viper-g.jpg

Lots of pics here: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=259916&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

There is a small chip in the paint where the door meets the hood. If you run your hand over the paint on the door it feels like someone tried to touch it up. Nothing that even resembles an accident with a car or even a shopping cart. I crawled all over this car before I bought it and did not find it until I was on my 7th coat of Zaino (there are 10+ now). When taking the wheels off this winter to wax them inside and out (yep I got a problem) I found what I think is very light overspray in the right rear wheel well. Probably from a side pipe touch up. When I first got the car I very very lightly scraped the front creeping out of the driveway. Not enough to even go through the paint and way back underneath. I think it would rub out but unless you are under there with a flashlight you will never find it. Lastly there are small corrosion spots starting where the rivets are for the side pipes. It is my understanding that these are still under the factory corrosion warranty thru May 04. Not 100% sure. I only mention these things because I want to make sure that I represent the car in the truest light. The honest answer is unless you are truly insane about treating your cars as furniture (I am) you would never give these things a thought. This car would pass muster on a rotisserie no problem at all. It is completely stock down to the tires which I know many will say are hard and need replaced, but it still felt pretty good to me. The wheels are absolutely perfect. I do not know if the fluids other than the oil have been changed recently. No signs of any kind of leaks at all. A/C blows ice cold. Soft top windows and tonneau cover are all perfect and live in my family room not in the trunk. I never use them and have never been anywhere near rain. I have the original window sticker and some documentation on the car. I have a nice cover for the car as well.

It is an unmolested original car that is in very very close to perfect condition and I will throw in the warranty so you do not need to worry about repairs for the next 3+ years.

There are many reputable VCA members in this area and a great Viper Tech a few miles away if you want to get an independent opinion of the car.

I paid $44,000 for the car less than a year ago and $2,536 for the warranty.

I need $39,000 to pay off the note. That’s what I am asking. Yep, I paid way too much for it, but it was the color combo that I wanted and it had 1,300 miles on it. Never would have believed that I would be selling it.

Please send me a PM or email at [email protected].
My cell is 330-603-2275.

I will be out of town over the weekend but will try to respond to any questions fast.

Also I need to sell my Mustang.

1987 Mustang Gt Convertible white paint, top and ground effects. Red cloth interior. 5spd, 22,000 careful miles. All original with the exception of new tires (Yokahama AVSdbs) the original Gatorbacks still had tread but were hard as rocks, K&N panel filter, Replacement Motorcraft battery. That's it. Bone stock. Mobil 1 oil changes. No paint work at all. No rust spots. I think I got caught in the rain once. Interior is museum quality, no wear, no fading. Runs and shifts like new. Still smells new. Always stored indoors.

A/C needs recharged.

Drips a few drops of oil on the floor when stored. Seems to stop completely when driven. I think the seals dry out and a few drops of oil weep past.

That's it, otherwise perfect.

VIN# 1FABP45E9HF182490

Looking for $8,750.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm terribly SORRY to hear about your Wife's illness...do truly hope she overcomes it quickly.

Your Viper looks like ONE SWEET RIDE...wish that I had a place for it !!

I will be glad to relay the info along our "grapevine"...hopefully make 2 folks happier.

Hoping things improve soon,

Steve Fess Sec. VCA Ind/Ky Region, Inc....Viper Brothers and Sisters one state west and one state south of you.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's illness. Unfortunately I've had this experience too. I'm sure the folks on this board will get the word out on your car. My prayers are with you and your wife. Best wishes.

Paul :usa:

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
carguy,

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's illness. Best of luck in selling the Viper. It's a very clean car and someone will be lucky to get it. If I had the extra change I'd love to have a companion for my GTS. Hopefully the mods will leave this up for a few days.

tealviper94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must say you have good taste in color combo. I will pass the word to some my friends and see if they would be interested. I will also pray for wife's speedy recovery.
Best of Luck!

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for those of you who are looking for a nice viper this is definetly one. I had theoppurtunity to meet the owner and see the car roughly a year ago. The car is in great shape and is one of the last with the side pipes. I know that if I was in the market for an rt/10 I would definetly consider this one. The owner was extremly careful with the car and never abused it. I would drive by his house on my cruises and see it parked in the garage with the cover on all the time. This is a beautiful RARE! combination that has been well kept. I know this is a great buy for anyone who is looking. Good luck keith! I would buy it if I had the $$$.

Bill