Please sign this Petition to SRT!!

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, I get the point you are making, but this holds true to all the previous cars they have made! Do you honestly think when they made the gen 3 that they tested it's tolerances with a Paxton supercharger in mind?! Absolutely NOT
The after market companies, owners and tuners figured out what you can and can't get out of the stock engine. You wouldnt even have the opurtunity to supercharge your viper if the gen 3's computer was locked from the factory! We the owners have always enjoyed this process of pushing the envelope and modding our cars to our desires. Dodge didn't stop us then, why NOW? Of course we understand that the engine has limits, duh! But without the ability to properly tune or calibrate the engine how can we find it? Maybe my car is a pos and they know that:dunno: either way, it extremely frustrating for us gen 4 guys:censored:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin had a very close relationship with Chrysler. I believe it was this relationship that allowed access to the code that was needed to do a proper blower calibration. The Gen III motor and its calibration were far less complex than the Venom programming on the Gen IV. The cam within a cam system used on the Gen IV is also more complex. As I mentioned above, the Gen V's engine has a significant number of strengthened internal parts. It seems to me that this was not done just to accomadate 40 more HP. There had to be other reasons including the possibility that has been rumored for awhile that Mopar may someday offer a twin screw supercharger kit utilizing the same type of supercharger used on the Camaro ZL1 and ZR1 Vette. I doubt they will do it but it has been rumored.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler has in the past sold cars without a warranty on the motor, and can do that, but it probably wouldn't fly these days. Do you know how many motors Chevrolet has had to replace in the Z06? I know one guy that has put four of them in his car, all under warranty. I imagine he was tuning the car and taking it back to stock before returning to the dealer to make his warranty claim. Viper motors are not nearly as cheap to build as a Chevy V8. Production costs are definitely an issue. Besides, you can easily get 600 rwhp from the Gen IV motor with heads and intake work. That's prob over 700 HP at the crank according to the SRT engineer I spoke to about it. This thread is really about adding turbos and Nitrous, right? Not really about squeezing another 20-30 HP (which you can get with headers and intake).

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have headers and a dc ported intake. For me, it is about squeezing every bit of juice I can get out of my car! No way in hell am I going to open up the engine for another 30 hp while the same can be achieved by tuning. I would only do the heads if I can change the cam and be able to have control over it! And I want that control!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC