Plug in flash programmers for 1996 to 2002 now in stock

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
We have the SCT calibrators in stock with the programs loaded to improve the performance of stock to mildly modified Vipers (bolt on exhaust and intake improvements).
The flash device holds three programs and we're supplying two base programs at this time.
One for 91 octane and one for 93 octane.
We can load in a third program for race gas or some other modification on request.
Beyond the performance improvements, we're also activating the fans 12 degrees cooler than stock (both low speed and high speed).
The system not only flashes in the new program, but also acts as a code reader tool and allows you to not only diagnose the cause of a check engine light, but also erase the code to turn the light off.
Future improvements include the ability to alter the tune yourself and turn off monitoring of the cats.
See more info on our site at:
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=8&idproduct=363
Regards,
Sean

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
can you make it kill the rear O2s so I don't get the failure code when cold?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"can you make it kill the rear O2s so I don't get the failure code when cold?"
Not today, but soon. It's on SCT's to do list. Look for the product to evolve over the next few months, adding more features along the way.

"Can you use this on other Vipers besides mine?"
The system will record the stock program from the PCM and load in your desired performance program.
When it records the stock program, it locks the box to that vehicle until the stock program is put back in. You cannot load the same program into more than one vehicle at a time.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, Sean. Are you saying that I will need to buy SIX different programmers for our six Vipers ???

Yep, that is how it works, assuming you want the programs into more than one vehicle at a time. It has to be like that in order to prevent one customer from running around and loading tunes into every Viper that he runs accross. Since the hardware in the car doesnt change, only the software, there has to be some measure of protection for the dealers and SCT themselves. In the future, you will be able to move the unit from one vehicle to another a limited number of times, after returning to stock, in case you sell the car, etc. After that point, it must go back to an SCT dealer or SCT for an Unlock.

In the scheme of things, look at is this way:

It has virtually every capability of an AEM short of boost/traction control (yet), costs about 1/8th the price, and there is no wiring or install charges.

Sean: As of now, the SCT tools cannot be unlocked and returned to stock to use it on another car, it has to go back to SCT for the unlock. They are saying the near future...?

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beyond the performance improvements, we're also activating the fans 12 degrees cooler than stock (both low speed and high speed)

Can this be done with the Vec 2??
Thanks
gary

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got that part... But at what additional cost? Any peripherals required?

For standardized updates such as the logging program, nothing will be required other than the cable, which is available at any computer store.

For specific updates, such as end-user adjustable options, the tool will have to go to someone who has DCX software in order for this to be activated and the options selected.

For customers of VSP, we will certainly unlock these new features for our customers at no charge. For non customers, a small fee may apply depending on what options and if there are any other changes being made. New tunes will have this unlock automatically included. I would expect Roe Racing would have a similar process for their customers.

rraulston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i went to Seans web site and it says that this is for a 97 and up rt-10.........96 RT gets crapped on again.........

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One small correction. When user adjustable options are available the person who did the tuning will be able to e-mail you an upgraded file.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hrmm, how about a Christmas special? I could get this on my Xmas list.

Anyone out there using this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude