Plug wire order foul up-Please help

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I'm a goof. I was changing the plug wires on my 94, one at a time to avoid confusion. Actually my mom who is in town for the holidays was doing most of the work, my arms are too big to reach in. Anyway, on the passenger side coil, one of the plugs fell off part of the way through the process. We didn't realize it until all the wires were changed. Now there is some disorder to wires. Can someone please tell me which wires go where? I am ordering a shop manual first thing on monday but I am hoping to get the car in running order thanksgiving morning. Please help!!

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makara,

I just did this yesterday on a '94 so I still have my notes handy. I noted where each wire went BEFORE removing them as I havn't purchased a shop manual yet either.

Anyway, I'm going to try to describe it as best I can...There are two coil packs, one on the driver's side and one on the passenger'side. The one on the driver's side has six wires going to it. There are two rows which run in a 45% slant from the upper right to the lower left. On this pack first and top row, going from RIGHT TO LEFT are #1, #8, #9. The second/bottom row, going from RIGHT TO LEFT is: #6, #2, #3.

On the passenger's side coil pack the plugs are lined up in a diamond shape with one plug on the first row, two in the second and one on the bottom. The top one is #4, the second row GOING FROM RIGHT TO LEFT is #10, and #7. The bottom one on this side is #5.

Hope that helps.

By the way, you'll probably want to replace the spark plugs while you're at it as you'll probably find that the ones that had a bad wire connected to them are fouled.

Does anyone know why the Viper seems to go through spark plug wires so quickly? Is it a heat issue?

--Rob

Reaction score
Makara -
I will be at the shop this Turkey Day, you may call me if your still in need of some "walk thru tech advice."

Have a great Thanksgiving
smile.gif
!
Doug Levin

OP
OP
M

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are great! Thankyou so much for helping me out so quickly. There is no better way to spend thanksgiving morning than to watch your parents try and change your plug wires.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

So how do you guys with big hands and arms get to those coils? I don't have a chance of reaching them?

tristan rizzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 94. If you get one of the adjustable mirrors on an extention you can see that each individual plug receptical has a small number cast into the plasic. The viper manual I had was wrong on the plug order, and when I checked the power pack, and followed the number sequence the car started right up. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery