Pocono around the corner ..... Read on !!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I know this is not a VCA event, but who knows where to post on this board that will be seen and also allowed.

I was told about a NASA Pocono event on July 16th. I checked and they still have Intermediate and Advanced sessions available for sign up. Anyone interested ???? I'll make a go alone, but it would be nice to have some other Vipers out there other than just me.

Here is the link: https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1277

Andrew

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am signed up and ready to go !!! WHO IS IN ? Steve, I know you'll be there ! I signed up for the HPDE - 3, which I think is good. That is the advanced group. The 4 is the instructor group and I don't want to be out on that track again with ACR-Xs or God knows what, just doesn't make any sense. I def don't need the time trial since I am not entering any race.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice !

Adrian, I want you there, next to me so i can glance over at the fear in your face as we make the hairpin turn off the back straight lolol

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will take the drive down to hang and watch the races it's a NICE DRIVE: :2tu: if anyone want to meet up and cruise down together we will set up time/location later

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew I will be running my 944 turbo in the GTS-3 class during the races . Dont worry not running it in the DE groups.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am signed up and ready to go !!! WHO IS IN ? Steve, I know you'll be there ! I signed up for the HPDE - 3, which I think is good. That is the advanced group. The 4 is the instructor group and I don't want to be out on that track again with ACR-Xs or God knows what, just doesn't make any sense. I def don't need the time trial since I am not entering any race.

Hey Andrew,

I run with NASA and will be surprised if they let you run with HPDE 3 as they are very strict with their rules! HPDE 3 is considered advanced for them and 4 being unlimited. Im gonna do my best to try and join you guys! I have a race car as well and promised myself not to track the viper as I push too hard and the viper is not very forgiving :dunno:

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, what do you think ? You know me, will they let me into the advanced? I gave them all my specs when I registered. Wonder if they would call me or just boot me out when I got there. That would ****. I'm only going by having been in the advanced group any other time I did Pocono with the Viper Club. I'll keep my top on of course, I don't have a cage, but that didn't even stop me in the time trials at NJMS, and I was out there with ACRs and ACR-Xs.

Moundir, I really couldn't care less about how hard I push my car. I push to my limit everytime. Forgiving? IDK, it hasn't failed me yet. I look forward to being out there with you, maybe follow you around, see what you do. I've followed Steve, and it only made me better every time. I always really enjoyed Pocono. I've always felt in control there. I just stopped going cause I did it so often I wanted a change, now I want back !

Thanks

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WEll, I've been reading through the NASA site. Very informative site, and I am more than confident they will let me into HPDE - 3. I'll say this, they have all the bases covered on that site, glad I joined.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Andrew! My concern is also with safety having a vert! I value my life just a little and would deft miss the full cage, fire suppression system and the other safety goodies my Honda race car has! It's a debate I will continue to have. We shall see what happens :dunno:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys doing both sat and sun or just sat? Fri is open track as well! I want in but don't want to start tracking the viper as I'm a nut behind the wheel:D I was just out at willow springs and button willow this past week and of the 4 days racing I managed to go off track 3 of those days :dunno: :lmao:

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andrew,when is the date for this I might try and get out for this one. Is this the long coarse or the north coarse you will be running

Russ

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ July 16/17 long course clockwise and counter clockwise .... sign up fast its well attended .....us my name if you need to

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm only doing Sat, leaving about 2:30 am, driving out, doing the event, by 3, back on the trailer and heading home.

Just like the old days, drive to, drive hard, drive home.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, GOOD LUCK with your race this weekend and Andrew2K and the rest of the NY/CT Crew HAVE FUN and DRIVE SAFE

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a day, check FB for pics,: NYCT ViperClub.

Weather was perfect, and track is great, wide open, remembered why I always like Pocono ! Only problem, very bumpy. Everyone was talking about it, not complaining, but definately noticable especially doing the long course in a clockwise direction, the bump out of the infeild makes that turn a throw-away turn, almost taking it at about 40 mph, which makes getting up to speed, and not spinning into the wall on the tunnel turn, a bit of a challenge. Also coming off the back straight into what would be turn one, you can actually feel the tar strips and grooves in the track and that continues into the front straight, you really have to hold on and be aware how you acceloerate on the main stright and you might want to keep a real stright line. Best part I think is the speed you can carry back into the infield from the front straight, that is unless you decide to both pass someone and make the turn at the same time which is sort of stupid, as one mustang tried on me and he ended up in the dirt and gravel. Actually he's pretty lucky becasue he could have easily flipped. I saw the inside of the car start to lift and he almost lost the rear, and he was as good as rolling over, but he corrected just enough to plant the car back down and just drive off the track.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang