POCONO RACEWAY ON APRIL 7TH

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in case of any confusion the NJ VCA will have the long course track at Pocono. If you want plenty of track time, come out and have some fun. The new Compe Coupe will also be there!

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can a non-VCA member come out and watch?

My brother lives minutes away and I could kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks.

GTS97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerome, yes he join us as long as his car pass tech inspection.

Andrew to answer your question WHY A MONDAY...............

NJ Viper club is on the waiting list for the last three years Pocono season booked up for all weekends the chance we have to have a weekend date if some body cancels out his date that how we got our next event on MAY 11th

Adel Elsayed
NJ-vca President

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks

I should have put that my brother and I would like to watch. He nor I are Viper owners just yet.

I will be staying at his house during that time.

Thanks again.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a great time at least years event and was looking forward to bringing my car to this year’s event. Unknowingly I scheduled my car for work at Tator’s 2 months ago. Now that the track day is here I realize that I will be carless form this Sat. to next Sat. That means if I show up it will be without my car.

I was wondering if one generous member here would take pity on me and let me ride along for a session. Last years the ride along rules were very relaxed. I was able to ride in 2 different cars and it was great. It was actually the most fun I have ever had in a car and I was not even driving. :D Any generous souls out there? :confused: :laugh:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlueGTS....Your are more than welcome to rent my car for the day. You would only be responsible for any damage than may occur. call me at 717.648.5651 if interested.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This s*cks. I'm going to go up there anyway but Im not holding much hope for track time. I remember last year was cold and a little rainy early in the day but then it got better in the pm, maybe it'll be the same this year.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised that nobody posts here if the event is still on.
The latest on the weather is:
Monday: Intermittent light snow or flurries becoming steadier and heavier during the daylight hours. High 31F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

If this does not change I'm not going.

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have already paid the $260 fee and also will not be going if it snows. I have heard nothing about the event being cancelled, but if I do I will post. I fear driving 2 hours in the rain in my Viper, How am I going to do it in the snow!!!

OP
OP
M

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't sound good for Pocono. They are now saying over 6 inches of snow! This suc*s. I just talked with ADel and he is trying to find out if the track will close. So far he has not heard from or been able to talk with anyone, but with 6 inches plus of snow and an 80% probability it isn't sounding good.
Everyone should touch base with Adel late today for the updates.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Event is CANCELLED I just spoke to Adel and they are going to reschedule with the track and get back to us via email, or phone calls. Was looking forward to it, but what the hell, there is always next time :p

DC VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
woohoo. operfully it can be rescheduled for a weekend. Real hard for me to take off work nowdays due to the operation.

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First the Yankees cancel their home opener tommorrow at Yankee Stadium, then I receive the phone call from the NJ VCA that our Pocono event is also cancelled. I hope that it can be rescheduled soon and lets finally get some decent weather. Daytime highs of 88 and nightime lows of 67.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I live an hour from Pocono. It is snowing here now. The forcast for the Pocono area is 8-12 in. of snow thru midnight. Stay Home!

Best, Dave

GTS97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE EVENT IS CANCELLED AS YOU ALL KNOW BY NOW WE CALLED EVERYONE WE HAD A NUMBER FOR YESTERDAY SORRY FOR SOME LATE EVENINGS CALLS.

RESCHEDULED DATE WILL BE POSTED IF ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL OR E MAIL ME

THE SUN HAS TO SHINE ON THE NORTHEAST ...............