Point Proven All you guys need to get out more

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overall Alex you have made many good points. Your approach in this posting is much better as well.

Well, all except one. That is the Gen II, even though it is more refined and performs better than the Gen I is not the Viper classic. I believe both the Gen I RT/10 and the Gen II GTS are Viper classics in the public eye. Time will tell which the public admires most in 20 to 30 years. My bet is on the RT/10, as it is with the Cobra roadster. Or it could be the later the better as with the 63-67 Corvette, meaning 2002 would be the most cherished. Time will tell.

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I am proving is that people who own a car become entirely irrational about their car being better than whatever else is out there

hmmm, do ya think?? since when did spending $100,000 on a car become a rational decision...every Viper owner IS irrational?

What kind of a Viper owner comes onto this board and refers to everyone as fools (your previous post)? What was the point you prooved? Oh ya...the irrational thing... :rolleyes: and getting out more... :rolleyes:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alex, just have Mommy and Daddy buy you a Benz. Show us more pictures of your bowling shirt and **** shoes.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My money is on the GENII GTS as surviving as the classic "Viper." No I'm not saying this because I have one,
It's why I have one. I also share the sentiment regarding the SRT. Going the way of the Vette:(

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How many AlexRedSnakes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None, Alex cries until Mommy and Daddy pay someone to screw a new lightbulb in.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of a Viper owner comes onto this board and refers to everyone as fools (your previous post)? What was the point you prooved? Oh ya...the irrational thing... and getting out more...

When you start a thread the way you started the last thread you will get blasted every time on every forum, period. You knew that the second you started the thread off with "Why are you fools comparing Lamborghini to Dodge?" you were going to offend everyone.

Oh, and by the way, this is the SRT FORUM and if the lambo / srt issue was going to be discussed I think this would be the place to do it. Bottom line is either you came on here wanting to stir things up by being rude, or you really are an idiot and can't understand why some folks would be offensded at your last post for any reason other than they are unreasonable viper fanatics.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex,

You’re a strange bird. I don't think I remember anyone saying, 'The SRT10 is better than the Lambo', or 'I would rather drive my SRT10 than the Lambo, price no objective'. People were merely comparing the performance statistics between the two cars. And they were only doing this since the Motortrend article was/is very interesting (Even though they included a race car - morons). The examples you gave of the Audi and Corvette owners IN NO WAY correlates to anything I read. Reading comprehension, my friend....

Personally, if you put both cars right beside one another, and said I could drive either one for 3 years at no cost, I'm picking the Lambo Mur. And I think many Viper owners would do the same. Now when you take 'real life' criteria into consideration - cost of ownership, maintenance, reliability, resale value, etc..... I think the coin flips, and most would choose the Viper - Of course, were talking about members that could afford either.

This being said, I would choose my Gen II GTS over the 'Baby Lambo' in an instant. Not a big fan of the Baby Lambo, even if its price tag was equal to the SRT10 - which it's not.

bill gidden

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ONERAREVIPER, IF YOU PICK THE LAMBO TO DRIVE FOR A THREE YR PERIOD.....YOU WILL NEED TO HIRE ALSO AT N/C A FULL TIME ROLLBACK HAULER AND CERTIFIED MECHANIC......I HAVE OWNED TWO LAMBOS, FOUR FERRARIS, AND THE ITALIAN DRIVEWAY JEWELRY IS IN CONSTANT NEED OF REPAIR, AND YOU DON'T DARE GO ON A 2-300 MILE JOURNEY WITHOUT THE HAULER.NO, I'M TELLING YOU FROM EXPERIENCE (I ALSO HAVE OWNED THREE PORSCHE TURBOS) THE SRT IS THE TICKET CONSIDERING ALL THINGS. :usa:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I agree. Remember, my stipulation was 3 years free (no $$$ outlay for anything), including maintenance, etc... I know - This is fantasy land. In the 'Real World', the Viper is a far better choice...

Later

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Alex gets our blood boiling, doesn't he? :D

I think the main reason we compare the SRT to the Muci is that it IS comparable, besting it in I think 5 out of 9 performance tests. Even if the SRT was merely equal to the Muci, it would still be comparable. But the SRT actually BEATS it in many crucial tests, so that makes it a viable contender, and a worthy comparison.

The only myopic viewpoint is on the part of those who feel the Muci is just automatically better for some subjective reason, because its Italian, or looks like a spaceship, or other non-quantifiable criteria.

After after considering the SRTs general (albeit not total) superiority from a performance standpoint, you can add in the SRTs' huge price advantage, and huge Dodge dealer support network. These factors, plus the performance, just begs comparison to the worlds best supercars.

Anyone got performance numbers on the Enzo?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh, please leave the stealerships out of this. There may be a good few (Woodhouse) but the vast majority are nuthin but crooks and job flippers (this week at Acura, next month at Dodge, 2 weeks at Toyota.....etc)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My money is on the GENII GTS as surviving as the classic "Viper." No I'm not saying this because I have one,
It's why I have one. I also share the sentiment regarding the SRT. Going the way of the Vette:(

Gotta agree...This color combo is the best on a Viper...Today coming back from work in my Fedex truck I saw 4 Vipers on Long Beach Road...One was yellow[RT] one was black and another red....The one that I "chased" :D 4 miles off my route into Gods knows what part of Long Island I ended up, was the Blue/White one.....Young kid driving too.

There was a chick racing a 300ZX with her new G35. The race ended when the GTS came into view..BTW I never realized how quiet the exhaust note is on these cars. Dont know if its anyone on here...It had 96 GTS on the vanity plates......Anybody that says this car aint beutiful is suffering from SARS, AIDS and Glaucoma.....

I cant get over the feeling I get everytime I see this car....This car is really special...As much as I love the the Lambo's I really dont get that awestruck feeling that I get when I see the GTS.....It turns a grown man [31] into bumbling idiot...I almost hit two cars trying to get a look :eek:

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alexredsnake, I am visiting Vancouver Island at the moment and believe I am the first SRT to be in the Island. Over the past couple days I have had numerous comments on the SRT and not ONE person asked what it was - they ALL said they LOVED my Viper, and about 100% said they liked it better than the "other " model. I have had a RT/10 as well as a 97 blue/white GTS and neither one of these cars ever attracted as much attention as the SRT is getting. I love the GTS but since getting my SRT I know I made the right choice.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Uh, please leave the stealerships out of this. There may be a good few (Woodhouse) but the vast majority are nuthin but crooks and job flippers (this week at Acura, next month at Dodge, 2 weeks at Toyota.....etc)

LMAO! :D "stealerships" Aint it the truth!

We got a decent one around these parts, Tuttle-Click Dodge. We have bought Fords and Chevys, and our Viper, from different Tuttle Click dealerships, and have never had a problem. I guess dealerships are no better than the ownership, which varies tremendously from one franchise to another.

Can I use that term- "stealerships"? Thats a good one!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard it first from Janni, Carolinas region president. We were discussing a well know stealership in her area, which wanted $5k over sticker for my SRT....2 years before the car actually went on sale!

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AlexRedSnake - "My friend just go the new SRT10 Viper from the Woodhouse this week, and we raced it against my new 20003 AMG S55 with 500hp."

ACCORDING TO www.kbb.com
2003 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG: Cylinders V8; Liters 5.5; Fuel Induction SFI Sprchg; HP 493; Torque 516; EPA City 16; EPA Hwy 22

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
European DIN rating is 500hp on the Mercedes. Until recently the Germans just carried over their rating for U.S. advertising, then the gov't made them stop. That's why sometimes you'll see the M5 and Z8 rated at 400hp, when by the U.S. horsepower rating it's actually 396. By the way, How did his friend find a time machine? I heard that the 20003 Mercedes would be cool, but 18000 years in the future??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang