Polish/Wax Products

Viper Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are good products for (1) removing scuff marks from the
surface of the paint and (2) protecting the surface.

Thanks for your help!

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, on another note, did you install your K&Ns? If so, did you have trouble with the spring clips on the air box? Mine was a bear, I eventually cut about 1/8 inch of rubber off the K&Ns, then they fit fine...

Tomer
96 RT
Danville,CA

OP
OP
V

Viper Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomer,
Can't help you with this, the previous owner
had them installed. So they were already there
when I bought the car.

You might call or visit Apex Motors, they specialize
in Viper upgrades and they are located in Santa Clara.
Nice people too. (408) 562-1000.

Regards,
Mark

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a '99 Black GTS also. I tried 5 coats of Z5 and was just not happy with the finish (I could still see very small scratches in the clear coat). I did some research and here is what I am currently using:

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleasing Lotion (a pre-wax cleaner)
3M Perfect-It Swirl Remover (to get rid of any swirls)
Klasse All-In-One (an acrylic polish - excellent product)
Klasse Sealant Glaze (best product for troubled black paint)
Pinnacle Souveran Wax (absolute best wax for black cars!)

I also have used 3M Rubbing Compound for any scuffs or scratches you can actually feel with with your fingernail.

It sounds like allot of work, but it is really no more time consuming than the 5 or more coats of Z5.
This process has produced by far the best finish of any product or combination of products I've tried (and I've tried allot).
If you would like a more in depth description of the process e-mail me and I'll send it to you, it's way too long for this thread. Good luck!

Scott

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pc1663,

I like and agree with your method. Z5 only fills the swirls, it doesn't remove them. And it only works on very, very, very minor swirls. HAVE YOUR TRIED BLACKFIRE YET? I here it is incredible. Not quite as durable as Klasse or Zaino, but a killer shine similar to Pinnacle Souveran Wax.

Later

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I actually have tried both their polish and paint protector. I think it is very comparable to the Zaino products, particularly in the area of protection and durability. Shine is perhaps a little better than Zaino and the application is much easier, if you can believe that (no curing time!). But it just did not hide the fine "scratches" in the clearcoat well enough. The Klasse Glaze practically covers every imperfection in the paint (when you apply 2-3 coats). It literally works wonders on back paint, at least that has been my experience. I have developed a fondness for Klasse as far as a protectant goes. Still the finishing touch is the Souveran wax. It doesn't last long, but it's reflective qualities really stand out in black paint.

Scott