Polished GEN 1 Intake...whats it worth?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, i am not trying to "promote" my item here for sale, but honestly I have been tryign to sell A GEN 1 polished intake now for 3 months. I haven't even recived an offer. My asking price is $650 which I think is CHEAP. A stock (not polished) intake would cost more than that alone. Am I missing something here? What do YOU guys think its worth?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320807392972

Thanks!

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a reasonable price, when you factor in the polishing cost and cost of a stock intake, but I don't think there is much of a market for a polished gen1 intake. I have seen complete gen 1 intakes for 300-400 on more than one occasion.

IMO, you'll be lucky to get 300-400 for it. I know I would rather paint my intake and valve covers body color than to have them polished.

Hope you find a buyer, GLWS.

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your response.... I bought this because I was told that it was a GEN 2 intake. Until I brought it to Chuck Tator did i find out it was GEN 1......Very sad was I ! Thanks. I am open to any decent offers if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James,

Are you still looking for a Gen II intake? I am in NY a lot and have one complete with injectors that I am considering putting in the classifieds. Came off an 01 RT.

:usa: Nick :usa:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, the market is narrow....so many s/c Vipers left a flood of intakes on the market. I have 2 sitting in the attic because nobody wanted a Gen 2 when I tried to sell 'em. In terms of hours spent polishing the manifold, your price is a bargain. But its kinda like who wants a polished coconut with gold leaf inserts for $1000. That said, I hope your ads reach that right buyer, 650 would be a good deal all around if you do.