• CF 5 Carbon face & chrome lips

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • MB5 Full carbon

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK so I sold my old set of wheels looking to build a new set of monoblocks for my car, but unfortunately our monoblock material provider is done and it could take us a few months to find a suitable replacement for monoblocks. So in the meantime I am going to build another 3 piece wheel for my 2003 and wanted to post a few pictures of some sets and get your opinions on a few. So if you could build any set you wanted for a street driven set, not a track wheel. Out of these what would it be, for this car. Sorry for the small pic's, I am having a hard time posting these from our flickr account.

You must be registered for see images attach

1. Straight 5 with Carbon Faces, Carbon Lips, and a red pinstripe.

2. Straight 5 with Carbon Faces, Chrome lips, and exposed hardware.

3. MB 5's (slightly narrower spoke and I will hide the hardware) Full Carbon

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with #2 for purely selfish reasons :2tu: Because when the monoblocks arrive, maybe you'll sell them to a local :D

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MB5's are awesome and often overlooked. I vote MB5's

I agree they look great, the only thing I am worried about is that the center hub area is smaller and it would need to house 6 lugs instead of 5. Not sure if this would change the look at all. I need to look into this.

I went with #2 for purely selfish reasons :2tu: Because when the monoblocks arrive, maybe you'll sell them to a local :D

Nothing wrong with that Alan, I'll keep that in mind;)

Thanks guys!

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Starting to lean towards this:

Here's a similar wheel on my old Vette to see the colors on a red car.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Option 1 looks best...without the rivets if possible. I think exposed rivets make a wheel look ugly. The rivets on this particular wheel are only a little offensive to my eye, though. Overall the wheel still looks good with them.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Option 1 looks best...without the rivets if possible. I think exposed rivets make a wheel look ugly. The rivets on this particular wheel are only a little offensive to my eye, though. Overall the wheel still looks good with them.

I agree with you and I would hide the hardware to clean up the look.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The carbon may look good today, but I think it will get dated on a Viper pretty quick.

Bruce

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The carbon may look good today, but I think it will get dated on a Viper pretty quick.

Bruce

Bruce dated as in yellowing? I can tell you I have run 4 different carbon sets on my last two cars and they hold up better than chrome, paint, or powder coat. If you mean dated as in the styling than thats subjective I guess. Thanks for the feedback Bruce:)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car has a lot of carbon on it already, no need to keep putting it on each set of wheels too. It can get overdone a bit. I'd go gloss black lip, brushed center with dark charcoal clearcoat, red lip pinstripe. If you want something more unique, paint the inner barrels red to match the car. The red will show through the spokes, look kinda cool. Matte black centers would also match your convertible top, and an all-black wheel would compliment the ACR theme you have going.

As for spokes, Mesh8 looks the best. The MB5 spokes are too puny and weak looking for a mean Viper. Straight5 is better of the two. Since you like carbon, this wheel with a lip pinstripe would be perfect on your Viper.

You must be registered for see images

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce dated as in yellowing? I can tell you I have run 4 different carbon sets on my last two cars and they hold up better than chrome, paint, or powder coat. If you mean dated as in the styling than thats subjective I guess. Thanks for the feedback Bruce:)

i mean dated as in the 2010 look but in 5 years they do not look right. Like Keystone classics....lol

Bruce

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i mean dated as in the 2010 look but in 5 years they do not look right. Like Keystone classics....lol

Bruce

Gotcha;) The good thing about the carbon is that it looks gloss black until your right up on them. Now the black wheel thing not everybody is into, but I like the black stockers on the ACR's.

I Agree with NineBall

Thanks Matt.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Save your money for a proper ACR..... :D

I am $martas$. Lol. I work for this company remember. Anyways you just take care of that green car of yours so that it's in good shape when I'm ready for my next toy;)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a couple cars in town with wheels that have the red pinstripes. Everytime I see them my son says "Hey dad, is that another girl's car?" I think it is funny as he has made that observation himself.

While I don't necessarily agree about the "girl's car" part, I do have to agree with him that they don't look all that good on any car I have seen. They take away from the car somehow. They seem to draw your attention to the wheels instead of enhancing the overall car. I suggest the all carbon. Nice clean classy look.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CALL OUT

I kid, I kid

You too; always with the jokes. You see how it is down here in Houston Ryan. I got all these ACR guys lookin' down on me. It's rough I tell ya;)

OK spoke with Alain and I'm going with the CF 5's with carbon faces gloss black lips, and as of right now the red pinstripe. I may change my mind though about the pinstripe.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am $martas$. Lol. I work for this company remember. Anyways you just take care of that green car of yours so that it's in good shape when I'm ready for my next toy;)

You are the one who painted your car to look like an ACR, not me.... LOL! Those bling wheels don't make it any faster..... :drive:

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are the one who painted your car to look like an ACR, not me.... LOL! Those bling wheels don't make it any faster..... :drive:

You should feel flattered:). You know I'm a poor college kid;) You know our three piece wheels are lighter than my junk 10 spokes right. So I guess they actually do make the car faster.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should feel flattered:). You know I'm a poor college kid;) You know our three piece wheels are lighter than my junk 10 spokes right. So I guess they actually do make the car faster.

I wish I was poor like you when I was in college!!! (I couldn't even afford a car, all I had was a cheap motorcycle)

Enjoy your new wheels bud, I'll need to check them out the next time I see you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang