Poll...Least Desirable Viper Color???

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eater::eater: This has really come up on Tailwags thread...State with or without stripes on your least favorite...Dont care what your favorite is ...Keep that to yourself...The smiley eating the popcorn is my choice...Al :eater::eater:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should make a poll thread, well, a poll. There's a button at the bottom to do that when starting a thread.

Anyway, my car has removable stripes, so I can go both ways.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, my car has removable stripes, so I can go both ways.

Ditto. Maybe Al can't create a Poll thread because he's not a member yet...where you been Al??? We have one more brunch cruise coming up on 11/23 in Westport. You can come stare at my least desirable yellow Viper. :D

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what about paint fade with the removable stripes? eventually the paint would be be a lot brighter under the stripes if you decide to take them off? p.s. green is my least favorite viper color on the gen 1's.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about none of them are least desireable because they are all VIPERS!!!!!!

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to offend anyone, but I am going to be the first to give my 2 cents. Please note, it does not matter what my opinion is, if any of the below vipers drove past me in these colors I would still stare because it is a viper.

GEN I = green or yellow
GEN II = yellow
GEN III (just lopping anything newer than 03 in this cat) = the new purple

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It must be winter time. Lack of driving=too much free time=threads like this start popping up. I'm with Stretch on this one. Just be glad we're fortunate enough to have Vipers. Many Corvette people all over the world would love to be us, no matter the color :D

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An overabundance of interior and exterior (non-OE) aftermarket "bling" modifications. Holy Christ, what the hell is so egregious about plain black knob?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to offend anyone, but I am going to be the first to give my 2 cents. Please note, it does not matter what my opinion is, if any of the below vipers drove past me in these colors I would still stare because it is a viper.

I will be the second I guess. I would have to say black. It just seems a little plain to me. Still...its a viper and I would probably stare at it for hours.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An overabundance of interior and exterior (non-OE) aftermarket "bling" modifications. Holy Christ, what the hell is so egregious about plain black knob?

HEYYYYY, I love our 'blue ball'...........................................:D..............knob. ~juli

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I'll start the bloodshed :box:...let me start by stating that I am referring to stock vipers, not those with millions of mods. I :heart: the GEN I's first and then the GEN II's, but when the viper started getting less curvy (and IMHO less **** looking), I start getting less excited...soooooooooooo the GEN III+ vipers are less desirable, no matter the color, stripe pattern, whatever!

One more thing that might have led me to this conclusion...my wife is very curvy...just a thought.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have forgotten about the dolphin viper........................

Isn't that the one that Christian Lassen did? Although I wouldn't do that do a car, I don't dislike it. I actually like him as an artist and think his work is exceptional. I have a print of his painting "Escape" hanging in my house right now.

In my opinion this is a stupid poll. Color is 100% personal preference. Did I have my favorites when I was shopping? Absolutely. Are there certain colors I wouldn't buy? Yes. But it doesn't matter. This conversion can only turn ugly by people putting down other people's choices. At the end of the day just be excited that you're driving a Viper.

The more productive argument (in my opinion) is which color is faster. That is generally entertaining and people don't (I would hope) get offended.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the green on a Gen. I. White/blue is a close second; I don't like the Gen. I stripes at all.

For Gen. II, I'd say sapphire, just because there are a few around here (too common) and I only like black as a dark color. Sapphire isn't quite sinister enough for me. (Note: I have a red Gen. I, so it's not like I can talk when it comes to "common" colors!)

Gen. III, I'd say silver. I've seen a LOT of verts with that color combo. I'd love to see a silver coupe, though...

Gen. IV I haven't seen as many of. For a loud, obnoxious car I like loud, obnoxious colors, so I guess anything subtle (outside of black) would get the thumbs-down. I love the orange and SSG colors!

Disclaimer: All that said, I still agree with the above posts; a Viper is a Viper no matter what and is gonna turn heads. My opinions are mostly based on the cars that are common in our area, and they're just that: opinions.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it really depend on how you define "desirable"
The color that bring the less money?
The color that was sold the less?

Obviouly more Vipers were sold in red than in any other colors so one can argue that they bring less money just due to the simple fact that at any given times more red vipers are for sale and consequently those "high" numbers drive the price down.
On the other hand, more peoples have/bought red Vipers than any other colors so it could be argued that red is the most favorite color.

Luc 00GTS

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going to vote black, i think it hides and masks all the cars nice features. Also scratches show up like crazy and so does dirt

I also dont like all the bizzare colors they offer for 08 and 09...you cant have your viper Blue or Yellow, but you can have Dark green or Purple...weird

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, my least favorite is RED....that's why my red RT is in the garage!!!!!!!!!!:crazy2:

Oh, okay I don't own another Viper....so I guess Red is my favorite color!!!!!!!!!!:talk

:panic:

I love all Vipers, just love some more than others.:2tu:

Peter

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more productive argument (in my opinion) is which color is faster. That is generally entertaining and people don't (I would hope) get offended.

As long as you admit red is fastest, you're right, noone will get offended :D As for desirability, for me, red is least desirable. I already have a red Viper (the best and fastest color ;) ), so if I bought a 2nd Viper, red would be my last color choice. But as a 1st Viper color choice, red was what I wanted. I grew up in the good ol' days of Vipers. Red Gen 1 is what started the game :2tu: I wouldn't mind swapping my 96' RT for a true Gen 1 (92-95 w/side pipes) and get a bumblebee GTS for the winter time :cool:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, Red is the least desirable. Followed by Copper Head, Sapphire and the Bright Blue Pearl. Even though I wouldn't be seeking these colors when purchasing another Viper, I certainly wouldn't mind owning any one of them.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is great to look at but I could never own a black car. Black Vipers look hot but I could never deal with the way it shows the smallest imperfections. I'm always walking by my red car looking at it from different angles spotting little swirl marks to polish out. Maybe it's because I'm a new guy with too much time on my hands but I would always be chasing around a black car trying to make it look perfect.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I agree with Chad on red and skip over Tony :)lmao:).

If we are talking investment/value, then I agree that red is least desireable as there are more red then any other color...more common as my local yellow RT owner said to me.

I find that any of the dark colors are less desireable, as they tend to hide the great lines of the Viper, regardless of generation. It is why I passed up a great looking black RT which, by the way looks awesome right after cleaning...but, I felt you didn't notice the side scoops and hood details as much.

Now that I've had red, my top two choices if I could do it again would be graphite or yellow...both with stripes!:headbang:

Peter

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really do not want to offend anyone but will say that when it comes to pricing supply and demand has a LOT to do with it. B&W seems to demand a premium despite the large #'s of cars made that color so I am guessing the desirability comes into play there.

I also have to say to the black naysayers that ALL cars look awesome in black but it is a part time job keeping black looking nice so unless you are a detailing freak like me I do not recommend it. To quote Henry Ford, you can have it in any color as long as it is black. :lmao:

Obviously red is the most common since it was made just about every year. Some people say it is the easiest color to sell (resale red) but then that whole supply thing comes into play so I am not sure this applies to Vipers.

Right now nobody is buying anything at any price or in any color so all of these Viper price and color threads really are a mute point. :dunno: :nono:

My favorites, Sapphire, Graphite, Steel Gray, Black and of course Blue and White.. And for Gen III I love the Crystal Slate, Black and a few of the new colors like that new blue that looks like Sapphire.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the stripes accentuate the body lines on the GTS and the design is pretty much an update of the Cobra Daytona which seemed to all have stripes. Stripes also look good on 2006 and 2008 Coupes. Less so on any convertible models. Plain black and black with silver or grey stripes are killer color combinations, if somewhat hard to keep up. Worst color was Gen 1 green with tan interior, but some of the 2008 colors come close. I am not a big fan of the non-symetrical stripes on the new ACR either, although most I have seen are that way.