Poly engine mounts!

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the first drive after installing Woodhouse mounts...wow! Installation is a pain (working on the garage floor with jackstands), but well worth it. I had to remove the mounts and brackets from the engine to get the upper nuts off. There was no way they were coming off with the brackets still attached.

Best $250 I've spent on the car so far.:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you explain. What is different?

The engine stays in between the frame rails!

On my car it solved the wheel hop. I had it big time.

It solved a massive vibration at *** speeds. I literally would not drive fast any more. I know, crazy isn't it!

It solved the drive line clunk at lower rpm shifting and pedaling with clutch/accelerator.

It solved a problem when sitting at traffic lights and time to go, it would want to grind going into first.

Car also feels bitchingly tight shifting and just all around.

I do recommend taking your headers out and doing this from the top. I could almost fall in working on mine...

DVSGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, very good mod. Did Woodhouse motor and trans mounts. The drivetrain just feels more connected to the car and the shifter doesn't torque over anymore either.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The engine stays in between the frame rails!

:eater:

On my car it solved the wheel hop. I had it big time.

:omg: uh oh some wheel hop here

It solved a massive vibration at *** speeds. I literally would not drive fast any more. I know, crazy isn't it!

:eater:

It solved the drive line clunk at lower rpm shifting and pedaling with clutch/accelerator.

:) i want that gone too

It solved a problem when sitting at traffic lights and time to go, it would want to grind going into first.

:omg: just starting :crazy2:

Car also feels bitchingly tight shifting and just all around.

yeah baby! :drive:

I do recommend taking your headers out and doing this from the top. I could almost fall in working on mine...

good tip.....................as usual <-- red & white :rolaugh:

another todo

but in a good way :lmao:

muchos gracias

OP
OP
V

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you explain. What is different?

What Dave6666 said. Car feels much tighter all around, and the annoying shimmy I was getting at around 80 mph is gone. It is a bit of a trade off, as vibrations are transmitted more easily into the car from the engine (a consequence of the stiffer material), but I only really noticed it at low rpm's (and I've heard that this will improve with time).

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vibration will dissipate over time. It will be maybe even alarming for the first few hundred miles, and then over the next couple thousand tone down to the just bitchin' stage.

You can reuse the metal header gaskets as long as they look OK upon a good inspection. Just be sure and clean the surfaces carefully and also clean your fastener threads before a proper torque. Or just replace the gaskets. They are only like $15 - $20 each.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the view with the headers out. If you're not in a hurry, how much easier can it get? Or, just do a search on all of the nightmares people have doing them from below. No frustration up top, no flying wrenches or rounded fastener heads, just sippin' ice tea easy.

Great time to do plugs and wires too!

You must be registered for see images

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the view with the headers out. If you're not in a hurry, how much easier can it get? Or, just do a search on all of the nightmares people have doing them from below. No frustration up top, no flying wrenches or rounded fastener heads, just sippin' ice tea easy.

Great time to do plugs and wires too!

Iced tea huh Dave? Man you've changed.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a how to with lots of pics in the Illustrated Section. I installed my Woodhouse mounts 2 years ago. Vibration at first but I liked it although it went away as Dave stated. Noticeable at lower RPMs as my mirror would shake itself downward from the vibration. :)The mounts reduced my wheel hop big time. Car feels much stronger. I don't even feel the vibration anymore but the Viper still feels as tight as ever. I agree with Dave, easiest to do the mounts when swapping out headers but doable from under the car. Just need some patience.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100% with what dave said. I had this mounts installed and wow, what a different. ONe thing I dont believe dave mention, well at least for me what that shifting from 2-3 was iffy before, now I shift like a pro. Vibrations are not major at all. I barely noticed it and went away (or got use to it) after a while.

Brentt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the woodhouse mount a true solid mount, or is there some dampening material kind of like the stuff poly bushings are made of?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a bit of a trade off, as vibrations are transmitted more easily into the car from the engine

Is that supposed to be a negative? If installing these mounts means feeling more of the engine then I think I'll move them closer to the top of my list. I didn't buy no luxury car.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100% with what dave said. I had this mounts installed and wow, what a different. ONe thing I dont believe dave mention, well at least for me what that shifting from 2-3 was iffy before, now I shift like a pro. Vibrations are not major at all. I barely noticed it and went away (or got use to it) after a while.

Great point. This was the major reason why I went to the new mounts. I began missing the 2-3 shift. My shifter would bounce around a lot under acceleration. Now (with the engine mounts and tranny mount) the shifter does not move at all. I haven't missed shifts and shifting is more precise for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4