Polyurethane Bushings Advice

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking for some advice. Going to replace the control arm and suspension bushings in my 2001 viper GTS. Not sure if I should stick with oem rubber or change to polyurethane. Car will mostly be used for street driving with a few track days a year. For those that have switched to polyurethane, do you feel that they are superior to stock bushing? Are you happy with the switch, or would I be better off just sticking to the OEM stuff?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great question! I was going to ask this a few days ago.

I changed out my sway bar to polyurethane and it created a little bit of under steer. I don't plan to track my car so it's not a very big deal but I did notice a slight difference going around a corner at high speeds. I'm planning on changing out the bushings every where else this winter. Hopefully this thread will help us decide which ones to get. :2tu:

Reaction score
IMO unless you are getting a dual durometer bushing that allows for full articulation and no "stiction"(bind before moving) urethane on the street will just be harsh and eventually start squeaking.

OP
OP
F

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Mark for the help. Starting to think I will not need or want polyurethane bushings for my car. Starting to lean towards the Moog replacement parts #K7416 and K7415.

OP
OP
F

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not that far yet, with my experience. This is more a street car with a few track days a year for fun. Pretty much tyring to get some feedback from people who have used poly bushing kit that was sold by OverZealous1. Wanted to get feedback from them to see how happy they are with his kit.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have not had any luck with Poly/Delron bushings in Viper control arms. The arm will move in the bushing causing alignment change. Stock replacement bushings or changing to a race type monoball setup has been my solution.

rollymohan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have poly bushings all around and it improve the handling and i did not feel any noticeable difference in the ride.my car is a2001 rt with 20000 miles.do not forget to also replace the sway bars and rack & pinon bushings.the handling will be a lot better.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My past experience with polyurethane has been contrary to what was always advertised as an advantage of polyurethane. A) They squeak unless you constantly grease them. B) The polyurethane actually broke down quicker than rubber does and became brittle.

Thats just my experience

rollymohan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
squeaking because it was install wrong.had mine for the last 4000 miles never squeak.