Poor Dyno Results - your thoughts please???

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck that is nothing for dyno angst. My bolt-on mod car recently spun 413 rwhp and 475 rwtq at a dyno two miles from my house. I was worried my car was very weak, but given it was a Dyno Dynamics load unit that notoriously gives numbers way below a Dyno Jet I patiently waited for the Arizona Viper Club to have their dyno day two weeks later. I was re-assured when a bone stock Gen III with no problems could only spin 383 (heard this second-hand so don't shoot me if I am a few hp off) to the rear wheels with significantly less rwtq than I did. They are all just made up numbers, so to do 30 rwhp and 50 foot pounds more than a supposedly 500 crank hp Gen III on the same machine in very close conditions is about as close a comparison as I'll ever get. Crying over my 413 as opposed to someone running 440-450 on a dyno jet at 100 feet above sea level is pointless.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go use the dyno that Stugots uses.

Your numbers will be much better.

if you look at it Joe me and KenricGTS are along the same lines as Hp for the mods we have done.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stu,
I'd say you are about +50 what anyone else has with what you have done.

actually if you look at KenricGTS's #'s he would have MORE power then I do with my current setup

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stu,
I'd say you are about +50 what anyone else has with what you have done.

hey if thats true im sure as hell NOT complaining.

hey Joe maybe its the Vipair huh??

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 100% stock 02 gts made 400rwhp heatsoaked ... i had about 8k on the odo

alex
few cars

supraboost23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my recent dyno 99GTS car made 396rwhp and 442 rwtq, A/F is very close to 10:1 seems very rich for a N/A car. Car has K&N filter, smooth tube, Alum. flywheel, bolar exhaust and 3.55 gears. Any thoughts on the A/F ratio runnin rich?? Thank you

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe,
That's why I put those faces (confused & crazy)on my post. I can't stop laughing. I have more mods just on motor than he does plus stage 3 ported heads and cam and tuned magnificently by Larry Macedo and his torque is 13 less? Uh haaaa haaaa haaaa.
Heck all the tuners need to get that dyno. Somebody pulled some wool. :laugh: :laugh:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe,
That's why I put those faces (confused & crazy)on my post. I can't stop laughing. I have more mods just on motor than he does plus stage 3 ported heads and cam and tuned magnificently by Larry Macedo and his torque is 13 less? Uh haaaa haaaa haaaa.
Heck all the tuners need to get that dyno. Somebody pulled some wool. :laugh: :laugh:

how is that so impossible if KenricGTS's car made 512 RWTQ with just headers and cat back? ohh wait let me guess he used the same dyno as me right???

keep in mind all these cars are not alike just because you have the same mods does NOT mean you will get the same HP TQ #'s.

Hell even a mustang Dyno shows my car with OVER 500 TQ at the wheels.

no reason to hate because my car runs strong

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only way to compare numbers is to use the same dyno. I don't care if the dyno shows you make 250 hp or 2000 hp as long as it is consistent and all variables are taken into account.

Just my 2 cents

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way to compare numbers is to use the same dyno. I don't care if the dyno shows you make 250 hp or 2000 hp as long as it is consistent and all variables are taken into account.

Just my 2 cents

I used this same dynojet since I bought my car and saw gains with every mod, however had it tuned on a mustang dyno at VOS.

BTW the mustang dyno showed almost EXACTLY 15% less then the dyno jet.