Popping out of gear...

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having a problem with the shifter in my GTS popping out of gear when I let off the gas...

It seems to do it only in third gear but it does it just about all the time unless I actually hold onto the shifter...

The car is a 2000 with approx.300 miles on it and being broken in very gently...

Any ideas why this would be happening...I've never had this happen before with any car so I don't have a clue as to what it would be...

Thanks...

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It most likely is the 3-4 shift fork. Can you provide me the last eight digits of your VIN? Also, where do you live and do you have a Viper dealer near you?

OP
OP
S

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
re:any chance anyone TRIED and missed a speedshift

The car had about 20 miles on it when I received it...No one but me has driven it since I took delivery...If it was done it would have been while the dealer had possesion of it...I've been breaking it in very easy as I plan on keeping it for quite a while...

Can you tell me if this is a common problem and how involved the repair work is to fix it...

Thanks,
SCS

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You definitely need to get the transmission replaced on warranty to fix the problem, since no Viper techs are factory trained to go inside for the repair. Some may have the capability, but the tech would not be paid enough by the warranty allowed time to do the repair. They are only paid for the full replacement time. Go to your dealer and get it ordered now, since in the past there has been a shortage of replacement units.