Porsche Carrera GT V10

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just happened to catch Jay Leno last night test driving a Carrera GT at Talledega on HDTV. V10, 605 hp. I can't remember any head to heads against a Viper but this car was fast. Anyone know of any comparison tests? Maybe this was an old show but that car was sweet. Big difference in price tho....Viper 100k vs Porsche at 500k.
:omg:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one signed up for a track day I'm having in a couple months. I might be getting a 2nd one to sign up as well. I'll be taking vids ;)

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always loved the look of that car. Only Porsche I ever really cared for. Too bad they stopped making them.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a guy that tracked one at Sebring a lot. It was fast and sounded good. Porsche should have kept building them but I guess they saw more potential in that stupid SUV POS. Or maybe the lawyers ruined things for everybody again after that accident at the Ferrari event a few years ago.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rode in one around Roebling Road in Savannah for 45 mins straight a couple years ago. The owner was from NY (or NJ) and I wanna say it had 6500 miles on it. He said 95% of those miles were roadcourse miles. It was a hell of a ride.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, hey easy now, Chucky. Don't be knocking my Cayenne Turbo daily drivers. :) They happen to be a extremely good vehicle. I will admit that looks are not for everyone. Yes they are not a track vehicle, of which by your definition of ANY vehicle's worth is, unless it has just four wheels and a seat, it is not a worthy vehicle of any kind.

We have put 75K+ miles on the Turbo S and 60K+ miles on wife's Turbo. Not a single problem other than regular maintenance and changing out the front lower control arms because the bushings pushed out due to vehicle weight. Yes they are heavy. I guess everyone has an opinion though and they are entitled to that, it's America. Big difference however between one man's opinion and the real world fact of their reliability and drievability. POS description hardly covers the vehicle, in the slightest. I can tell you when we have a few feet of snow on the ground in the winter, they are quite awesome.

In fact, the Cayenne Turbo and the Carrera GT are the only Porsches I ever liked and was willing to own. Looked at and drove a few 911s, Caymans, Boxsters; I have zero desire to ever own one as they just seemed cheap to me. I can respect their perfomance but not the car for me. The drive my friend gave me in his Carrera GT was amazing. I did like that car but the price was way out of my league.

Just setting the record straight on the POS statement. Looks are an opinion. Real world reliability, driveability and solidness are hardly POS.

We do agree on two things that Lawyers are out of control and personal freedoms are hardly freedoms anymore.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
there are 10 of them sold here in Vancouver by Weissach Autohaus. I know their tech who's also a race car driver and instructor at Mission Raceway. He brings one out tomorrow for the vintage race/show and I'll take a short video of it. It's a pretty cool and complicated car [ I couldn't work on it though :lmao:] so I stay with my Viper. It's a pretty fast car but couldn't beat my friend's much cheaper [ 100K ] Noble M400 that I can work on:).

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, hey easy now, Chucky. Don't be knocking my Cayenne Turbo daily drivers. :)

I hate all SUVs, I wouldn't care if they outran F1 cars. Sport Utility Vehicle? Give me a break, call it what it is - a station wagon. SUVs are for folks with too much pride to buy a minivan even though a minivan would be a more practical purchase. And Porsche really disappoints in that they invest resources in that thing rather than say...a GT. But don't take offense, I know I'm an extremist.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago I had the pleasure of being involved in a impromptu event at a local Audi/Porsche dealership. They were having a get together for on of the first R8's that was in the country. I pulled in (I was in my DD at the time) and figured I would hang out for a little bit. Well, no more then five minutes later there were five (yes five) Ford GT's pulling into the dealership. :omg: A couple Porsche Carrera GT's and even a Ferrari had shown up. I was getting car envy so I had to run home and bring out the Viper. WHat a great day.

P1000200.JPG

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck;

No big offense taken. Hey you said I drive a station wagon, not a mini-van. The new Ferrari FF is basically a station wagon so I can handle that! Truth be told, we would not have them if we lived in a southern state with no snow or bad weather, but up here, both North and altitude in the Rockies, we need it. Mini-van just can't get through the DEEP snow and ice. My preference is actually an older Hummer H1 Alpha, but our garage is narrow and it just won't fit with what else is in there. Ah...... some day I will have one. Diesel and all!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUVs have their place if you pull a boat or atv like l do and you like a high ride height and dont want a truck. A
Porsche or ferrari suv is sort of a clydsedale race horse.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Chuck, my SUV is NOT front wheel drive, has a frame and is big and spacious inside and has a tilt wheel, cruise control, and a power driver's seat that lets me slide back and let my GF lay her head in my lap when she is tired on a long drive. She get tired a lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang