Ported heads and intake questions....

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking into getting a set of heads ported, rocker arms, etc, but I was wondering if the intake manifold needs to be ported, other than port matching to really make the heads come alive.

For a street car/ drag car, which header primary size is best?

When doing heads, rockers, intake, etc, what if any ecu changes are needed or is a VEC2 needed at this point?

I understand that just installing a Roe supercharger would be less work, but, I'm just looking at other options. For one thing, I like n/a power for the reliability and the fact that there is one less mechanical thing to go wrong. Plus, I don't have to deal with a bad belt tensioner, replacing belts, pinning the crank, etc.

What results are people getting with heads, rockers and intake? ET results and/ or dyno improvments are fine.

Thanks!!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever sell,you'll get most of your $$$ from the S/C and nothing to brag about with heads/cam.You should also match port/clean up the manifold.
My good friend Issac set me up with Heads/cam package so i'll be all motor at 550rw all day:)
Heads cam should be a few grand cheaper also.
I prefer Balenger one piece headers.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From mecanical point of view the Roe supercharger is 110% perfect. The issue is when people over boost the supercharger. With an over boosted and miss tuned Supercharger you can't go down the street for very long. The supercharger requires a very precise tuning espectially at higher boosts.

The mods that you want to do are great. They don't require much care from tuning point of view. If you miss something you just loose HP and not your engin. Just don't touch the compression of the cylinders. If you increase the compression it makes the same effect as an over boost. => Requires a very precise tuning. You can install a VEC2 and it will give you even more HP.

You can also install a base Roe Supercharger kit with 5psi boost without touching anything on your Viper. You can keep even your exhauste as it. It will give you a stable 100HP on your engin. The problem is that Horsepower is like drugs more you get more you want ...

OP
OP
K

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

If I did the supercharger, I think I'd like the 8lb. pulley. The car with an intake and a B&B catback makes just over 450 rwhp SAE. For whatever reason, it seems to make some good power. I think something in the 600 rwhp range would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_