Ported Heads

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking with a mechanic friend of mine, he asked me if they made templates for the heads to allow you to port them yourself. He said he had done some work on other vehicles that offered templates. Anyone know of anything for the viper? Thanks for all positive feedback & comments. :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper port info seems to be difficult to come by. I suppose the folks that are actually good at it don't want to let their secrets out.

Reaction score
*****, on a Gen 2 use the stock intake gasket for a template. Match the intake ports up to that, and blend the valve pockets into the seats.

On the exhaust, don't match the exit to the stock gasket or you'll likely hit water. Leave the exhaust shape as it is, but you can widen the ports about .050" per side at the exit. Blend the pockets and fully polish the exhaust ports.

Get a good multi-angle valve job from a reputable machine shop, heck, I'd probably have them put 2" intake valves in it before blending the intake pockets. Why not? If you're to go to all the trouble to do it, do it right.

On the chambers, blend in the ridge that's on the intake side of the chamber, and remove any sharp edges that could glow and cause detonation.