Porting and polished heads

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would i gain from doing this on a stock engine is it worth doing...
Car just has mods listed below.....

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Porting (no polishing) + 2.00/1.6 valves, Bronse guides, springs, Crome Moly Retainers, Chims, Roll lifters, Arrow 1:7 Rockers, Crome Moly Push Rods, Billet Camshaft 110-114 lobe, 220/220? duration, 0.550 lift. Is what I would do.
Would never take the cost of lifting the heads without the mods listed above.
But first would I ad a set of Belanger headers.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In order:
Intake mods
Headers
Headwork + lifters
Rockers + cam

Certainly, unless increased noise is a big concern, you should do headers before pulling the heads.

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do it all...you will end up doing it eventually. Save yourself some money and do it all while the engine is apart.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BYTU has it correct. Save your money till you can do it all at once. You will notice 100 HP over stock with our Head/Cam/Header package or we pay you back! Take a look at our packages and our performance guarantee. You can't go wrong!

Best of luck!

Tom

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys are right do it all at once but if your ready for ported and polished heads a cam and headers are not much more money. a cam is about $600 and the headers are about $1200 give or take. Greg Good with TNT is the best at porting and polishing viper heads.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anybody CNC porting?

I believe there have been tunners in the past claiming to have a CNC program for vipers. Wonder what they charge for a set and what the numbers are.

If not I have access to someone that is willing to digitize a set and make a CNC program. But we would need at least 5 willing canditates to make it worth his while for the initial batch.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of the tuners offer CNC:d heads. But it's not the CNC that makes flow, it is the porter that designs the shape that does.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are the heads BTR, Heffner, etc do CNC'd? I guess I was assuming that was the standard these days.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CNC process is just a question of getting many heads to flow the same numbers, to exactly deliver the advertised product to all customers.
The best heads are still done by hand...

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of our heads are cnc ported. Original design was of course done by hand, along with chamber re-design for increased flow and burn quality, while resisting detonation producing "hot spots".

As improvements are made through testing, all new data is incorporated into the CNC process to guarantee the highest quality and most consistant flow throughout all 10 cylinders with each and every set of heads we do.

Take care,

Tom

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anybody CNC porting?

I just installed a set of Hennessy CNC heads on my stroker motor. They flow better than any Gen II's on the market - 310 CFM - unless someone posts proof otherwise. ;)

The best I have seen with hand porting is in the 285 CFM range.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony,

My Greg Good heads flow 317 cfm, but then again we are both talking max flow at max lift. Sounds like you have youself an excellent set of heads at 310 cfm.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anthony,

My Greg Good heads flow 317 cfm, but then again we are both talking max flow at max lift. Sounds like you have youself an excellent set of heads at 310 cfm.

Very nice!! Greg does some great work.

Bring that GTS down to the Texas Viper drags on December 7th and lets see what your head/cam/sc car can do. :cool:

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to do heads..Jeff Morys cyl head package is DYNO PROVEN to add 61 RWHP....No one elses heads can match those #'s

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to do heads..Jeff Morys cyl head package is DYNO PROVEN to add 61 RWHP....No one elses heads can match those #'s

Do you have a contact for these?
Many thanks everybody

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys are right do it all at once but if your ready for ported and polished heads a cam and headers are not much more money. a cam is about $600 and the headers are about $1200 give or take. Greg Good with TNT is the best at porting and polishing viper heads.

where can you get headers for $1200? What kind are they? The lowest I have seen is about $1800.

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Morys head job proven on a creampuff? Also, is the 60 hp increase with or without headers and other standard upgrades?

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second, third and fourth Jeff Morys head work. He did mine and he also helped with what would work best on my car as a complete package. Jeff's the MAN!!!! My HP is because of what Jeff told me to do in combination with the work he did to my heads!!!!! He's the best, period.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just look so that the runners match the heads. If there is any bumps or so in the runners can you grind them away. If you want to do a serious port job on the intake will you have to cut it open to get access to the runners.
The decission about porting the intake is dependent how the heads will be ported and choice of camshaft.

/JP

Is it worth doing anything on the intake manifold as well??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang