POSSIBLY MORE THAN 200 1ST EDITION COUPES MADE

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeap, My dealership called me yesterday and stated my dash plaque on my 06 FE Coupe reads it is #288 of 382...

I thought only 200 were made, I had them recheck, and he stated he had the 382 Vin#'s that DCX had issued on his computer for the 06 FE Coupe.

Bill P, can you confirm this???

Rick

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would this still make them First Editions? Or would they be Second to First Editions? Would the first, First Editions now be considered the initially initial First Editions? When does the Red with White Stripes Finally Final Edition come out? I think it would be great to commemorate the First Final Edition which commemorated all the other Viper editions except the Commemorative Edition, the Red, White, Black, and Silver Mamba editions, as well as the new First Edition.

:p

I think the cars look awesome, but enough with the edition stuff already. If people want the color, let them have it. No need to limit numbers to make them special. They are already special; they are a Viper. :usa:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't there is a separate run number for just the first 200 cars. The series probably covers all the coupes being made.

Steve

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm,

I just spoke with Bill P. and he says he knows nothing of there being more than 200 but he will double check and let us know.

He said you might be looking at the last part of the VIN, the cars are not in VIN sequence as they made several convertibles first and are actually making other colors in the same line as the Blue/White ones. So a VIN #282 (last 3) is entirely possible for a FE Coupe. Bill said he has several VINs in the 3xx range.

Hope that helps.

J

OP
OP
B

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow32, The last 7 digits on my Vin are 100458....but my dash plaque reads 288 of 382...

My car was one of the first to be ordered, blue/white stripes, as a matter of fact, my coupe is ready to be shipped to the dealer, should come in next week..

Iam thinking now, and like other posts believe, that, DCX is not going to number the cars 1,2,3,and so on. Only 200 are FE B/W, but not in order...???

Hopefully Bill P. can shed some light on this....

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm,

Bill P did say he would check into this further tomorrow. How do you know what your dash plaque says, do you have a mole at the factory? Or does your dealer?

Not sure what you mean, I would think the cars would be numbered 1,2,3 as in 1/200, 2/200, 3/200 and so on...but, if the number is actualy 382 and not 200 that certainly would be odd. I know they are not in VIN sequence (which is a crying shame!).

J

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first 200 blue / white cars will be numbered 1/200 2/200 through 200/200. I heard this from one of the plant management. I think I also heard the numbers will be drawn at random and do not match the VIN's.

OP
OP
B

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully my dealership ordered the right coupe for me..

All I know for a fact at this time is I paid $91K plus for a 06 SRT/10 Coupe Blue/White stripes...looking at the invoice right now, and that is what it says....(Vin#100458)

Trust me, You guys on the west coast will hear me sound off if anything but that shows up for me next week..

For now I will chill, and wait and see....

Thanks,Rick

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is still in JB status and I can't get any more information on it. I still think it will be very lame if they pick dash plaques at random out of a box rather than assign numbers in the order the cars are built.

Bob K

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know for a fact they will be chosen at random. I just said I thought I heard they would be. They may be in order of their built date or order date.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too hope a sequential assignment of dash plaques. My FE Coupe is VIN 00273.

Won't be long now!

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully my dealership ordered the right coupe for me..

All I know for a fact at this time is I paid $91K plus for a 06 SRT/10 Coupe Blue/White stripes...looking at the invoice right now, and that is what it says....(Vin#100458)

Trust me, You guys on the west coast will hear me sound off if anything but that shows up for me next week..

For now I will chill, and wait and see....

Thanks,Rick

Invoice should show $91990 if it is an FE. It should also show an equipment code of ALS. Should also say First Edition Group

I may have mixed up something there, but Bill P. explained to me that any dealer should be able to look up and print off this information for you to verify everything. I went through this with a local dealership and found out that the car they had ordered me was not an FE. I pulled my deposit and found a dealer that could deliver. Thanks John Gastman of Roanoke Motors!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are definitely only 200 First Editions, and the Vins are not sequential -- since the first 06s are SRT10 convertibles. I am not sure where your Dealer is getting his info, but the number stops at 200 and most of the ones we have coming are in the 300 vin range. It states on his invoice " First Edition " package, so it is easy to verify you are getting a car. He can pull that off his Chrysler Dial system right now. Good luck and let's hope you got one of the first 200 after all?

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton

OP
OP
B

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill P.
Thanks for the response..here are some munbers from the invoice I paid..let me know if it sounds like a FE coupe..

MODEL-ZBDS29 VIPER SRT-10 COUPE $83,145.00
PACKAGE-21A
ALS-FIRST EDITION GROUP $4,995.00
TOTAL PRICE- $91,990.00
VON-15820520
VIN-1B3JE69Z36V100458
ORDER DATE-7-12-05

I truely hope Iam not in for some kind of a mess up...

Rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas