Possibly picking up an 03 SRT... advice please

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well no offense to you guys, but it's common for owners of certain cars to think they are worth more than they really are.

Him and I agreed on a price (I think trying to sell that car now with summer almost over hurt him), and I'm going to go pick it up today.

- Anthony

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll disagree with $45K being a steal for an '03. The car may be worth that much to the seller, perhaps even more than that. But, the market decides the selling price. I've seen a few clean '03-04 cars sell in the $38-42K range just in the last several months. A "steal" to me would be $35K, and low-mid 40's would be fair in today's market.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may come across some cars in the mid to high 30's and if you do let me know because that is one heck of a steal for a SRT, especially if it is as you say clean, even in this market. So by clean I am sure the car has been checked out, etc, how many miles are we talking about Nine Ball? Has the car been tracked, etc. VIN verified, etc? There is alot to consider when trying to price and pick out the car. IMO I think 45k is a good price for the 03. The mid to high 30's are either people extremely desperate and need money NOW or there has/is something wrong with the car. Just take a look at the price of what they are going for now, color combo, etc and base it off of that. They are not going for mid to high 30's at this point unless as I stated.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll disagree with $45K being a steal for an '03. The car may be worth that much to the seller, perhaps even more than that. But, the market decides the selling price. I've seen a few clean '03-04 cars sell in the $38-42K range just in the last several months. A "steal" to me would be $35K, and low-mid 40's would be fair in today's market.
Exactly correct.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps the buyer did a smart thing (found out what similar 03 s milage ect were coming thru Manheim Auction )for (they publish a wholesale report )and offered the seller a few grand more.The seller did not want to sit on a roadster coming into the winter thats going to be another year older and still moved the car for a few grand over wholesale.Everyone made out.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black 04 with 6K miles that sold for 38K on the Alley was a good deal. The silver 03 is priced about 5K high.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
black 04 with 6k was a give away...................... the 03 in the mid 40's was a good price.
It all depends like someone stated before, (why they are selling?????)
the house next store to me sold for 10K less than i paid for mine 9 years ago........was it a steal yep, divorce/job loss/etc facing forclosure it all happened to them, so the new buyer found a jem.
does that mean my house is worth that,,,,,,,,no did it help my value,,,,,,,,no but i would not sell anywhere near that price. Did that make sense??? lol