Post up the best pic of your SRT

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pumping gas after Hurricane Isaac passed through

You must be registered for see images attach

car looks great, you can get the black end down more if you get the right keeper spring for your KWs, just a suggestion :)

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car looks great, you can get the black end down more if you get the right keeper spring for your KWs, just a suggestion :)

I actually did call KW and ask about that. They told me that the helper springs wouldn't do any difference. So I don't know

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pumping gas after Hurricane Isaac passed through

Oh My God!!! You're car is sooooo **** with those wheels!!! I have a red vert with black stripes too. Can you sell me your wheels? :) ...lol. What wheels are those? I will look into it... and maybe buy one for mine :)
More pics please....................

Last edited:

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh My God!!! You're car is sooooo **** with those wheels!!! I have a red vert with black stripes too. Can you sell me your wheels? :) ...lol. What wheels are those? I will look into it... and maybe buy one for mine :)
More pics please....................

They are 360 Forged Concave 5 all chromed. 20x10 front and 21x13 rear sitting on Pirelli tires. I just put them on my car maybe 2 months. If the price is right, anything is for sale. PM me if you're really interested.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny, are your KWs maxed out in the rear? Granted I only have the OEM 19s, but I'm slightly tucking in the rear and still have some room to go lower.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny, are your KWs maxed out in the rear? Granted I only have the OEM 19s, but I'm slightly tucking in the rear and still have some room to go lower.

Yes I lowered all the way down. Even with my factory 19s I'm not tucked. I would like to go lower in the rear, so I guess I'll have to get like Motons or something. What spring rate are you running for the rears?

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
heres a group shot
VIPER IS FOR SALE!!!

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually did call KW and ask about that. They told me that the helper springs wouldn't do any difference. So I don't know

That is wrong, this issue has already been discussed, your helper springs are probably fully compressed right now so it can't go any longer. Like Intrigue98 said, he has the same KW2 as you with the right helper springs and he is able to tuck the rear wheels and has room to go even lower in the rear.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is wrong, this issue has already been discussed, your helper springs are probably fully compressed right now so it can't go any longer. Like Intrigue98 said, he has the same KW2 as you with the right helper springs and he is able to tuck the rear wheels and has room to go even lower in the rear.

Keep in mind JohnnyH is running 21s out back, and the 375/20R21 tire is over an inch taller than a factory 345/30R19 or 345/25R20 rear tire. I think that is contributing to that look.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So.. Does anyone know the "correct" spring rate and helper springs for the rears on KW V2?

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up this low milage 2009 VOI edition Gen 4 and love it :)

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 90

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind JohnnyH is running 21s out back, and the 375/20R21 tire is over an inch taller than a factory 345/30R19 or 345/25R20 rear tire. I think that is contributing to that look.

That would make the tire only tuck in more but still be higher off the ground than a stock wheel with the stock setup

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would make the tire only tuck in more but still be higher off the ground than a stock wheel with the stock setup

Yup, I understand what you're saying. But unless the offsets are really mild, the wheel won't tuck up in the fender cause of the 3/4" lip on the rear fender lip. Plus, if it could, he'll be rubbing like a ***** on the fender liners

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I understand what you're saying. But unless the offsets are really mild, the wheel won't tuck up in the fender cause of the 3/4" lip on the rear fender lip. Plus, if it could, he'll be rubbing like a ***** on the fender liners

I was going to buy his KW2 so already know he has the wrong keeper springs, he has keeper springs part number 20-60-80 instead of 10-60-80 :)

Follow this link for the exact same issue:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...way-too-high-can-t-go-lower.?highlight=helper

JohnnyH had pictures posted with stock wheels and coils all the way down and I've seen Intrigue98s KW2 not even all the way down also on stock wheels and Intrigue98s car sat way lower in the rear.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is one reason why I'm still unsure how much lower to go. The whole rubbing issue. As the car sits now.. I can just barely squeeze my jack (starting height of 3.5 inch) its a real tight fit to go under the rear jack point. So I do think that is a positive to how the car sits. It's just less work for me if I needed to jack my car up for whatever reason. There's no way in hell I can squeeze the jack under the front jack point without either driving on something first or jacking the rear up enough to fit a second jack in the front. I just see it as pros and cons to everything, but of course I would rather my car be lowered to close the rear wheel gap.

I have called KW yesterday and mentioned the helper springs again and I guess I spoke to someone more knowledgable about the V2s for vipers. He said I can change out the helper springs and I can get springs that's 20mm shorter than my current springs. So that's one option I can go with. My current springs are 130-140 and my next step down would be 140-120 (20mm shorter) or 140-100 (40mm shorter) And the helper springs to 10-60-80 as KDR83 mentioned.

If I go lower in the rear... Will my ride quality pretty much go to crap? Would to be better to just get Motons?

bigdeep1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny, that looks sick!! Love it!!

Where in New Orleans you be?? Lol. That pic looks like the Shell on Gen DeGaulle on the West bank? You must know Vince, since he seems to be the Viet Viper fiend ;).

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny, that looks sick!! Love it!!

Where in New Orleans you be?? Lol. That pic looks like the Shell on Gen DeGaulle on the West bank? You must know Vince, since he seems to be the Viet Viper fiend ;).

Actually that pic at the gas station was in Slidell, LA. And yes I know of Vince and his previous FE. Funny thing is I'm Viet too! LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang