Post your going home pics

mele

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did I see some of you coming through Montana? We were on our way home from Yellowstone on Aug 23rd heading west on Hwy 90 in the family truckster and I saw 3 vipers heading east on Hwy 90, probably 30 miles east of Missoula. Since I believe I own the only Viper in Missoula (01 red ACR) I know it wasn't locals! One was a black GTS with stripes....

MEL

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
May have been. Mine's Sapphire with silver stripes. Bill has a 97 Blue/White. There was a couple other cars from Wash including a couple black/silver, although the ones I know were trailered.

5 of us met in Butte Sat. evening at dinner time and travelled back (Detroit) and forth from there. Yellow/Blck Gen 3, Orange 08, Blue/wht GTS, Sapphire/Slv GTS, Red GTS and Joe later trailering his Sapphire/slv ACR.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everywhere is awesome when you're driving a Viper!

The USA saves wear and tear on its freeways by closing down the second lanes every 50 miles??? Unbelievable that there were so many closed freeway lanes with absolutely no work being done. It mus be mind boggling the amount of money wasted on traffic cones, dividers, radar emitters etc. for all those 'fake work zones'. Think they do the fake zones for the double fines in work zones? BC ***** at work zones as well. I saw 1 Construction zone that lasted throughout the winter with nothing being done at all. Dumb Asses!

We did average a quite high mph throughout the continent. There were the most cop/radars in Ill., then Mi.

I love Montana as thats where we got the best speed ratio. I did get pulled over in that state, but I think the cop just wanted a closer look at my car. Bill got a ticket there.

In BC every cop has a radar unit in their cars now. The Prov. gov. has added "Driver's Penalty Points" again so that the tickets you get can be charged to you twice or three times in a row! They talk safety, but only care about everyone's money.

Ted

mele

Viper Owner
Reaction score
May have been. Mine's Sapphire with silver stripes. Bill has a 97 Blue/White. There was a couple other cars from Wash including a couple black/silver, although the ones I know were trailered.

5 of us met in Butte Sat. evening at dinner time and travelled back (Detroit) and forth from there. Yellow/Blck Gen 3, Orange 08, Blue/wht GTS, Sapphire/Slv GTS, Red GTS and Joe later trailering his Sapphire/slv ACR.

Ted

Yep, it must have been you guys! What I thought was black, I must have mistaken your Sapphire (please forgive me! :)) I never see any other vipers in MT so I was quite surprised, as was the wife and kids, and excited to see some other snakes on the road!!

MT is a good state for viper driving, though it is not nearly as good as it used to be when the speed limit was "reasonable and prudent", but that was before I had a viper, and the 1973 Dodge Dart (318) wasn't exactly a screaming ball of high speed fury....

MEL

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipers sure take nice pics.

I heard that MT was forced to add speedlimits because the rest of the country was embarassed and had them and all the extra accidents speed limits cause. With all the increases in ticket charges they sould know that only Honda people are stupid enough to believe that reasonable high speed causes accidents. Not really, but it felt good to write that. It's usually Hondas that cause the crashes anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang