Powder Coated Brake Calipers

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a set of red coated calipers from R & J and they look like a work of art. Ron has great customer service and the price was a hell of a good deal.

There's something about a bright red caliper that really improves the look of a car.

8565caliper_1-med.JPG

8565caliper_2-med.JPG

8565caliper_3-med.JPG

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
all calipers are disassembled first, fully cleaned & striped and then coated with high temp, and fully reassenbled with new internal seals and o-rings, and all logo are apply with high temp decal, they do NOT come off, and it will melt on to the caliper once they are heat up once...thanks

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ron did mine with pics to follow:

Recommend if you use him to do this once received. Everyone of these on the list was an issue on my set.

1. Check for corrosion on the bleeder screws so that if evident you can swap with your core set.

2. Check that the each caliper is properly assembled by comparing EACH one with your core set. Pay attention to orientation.

3. Check the internal cavities for excessive assembly grease. And check all threads for any residue.

4. Check that each piston is retracted properly.

5. Check to make sure that each bleeder screw has its respective cap. If not you can take from your core set.

Those Red look much better than the Yellows I just received. I don't know if this is a color issue, but do not assume that what you will get looks like the pic. If I compare mine to that pic, mine are sub-standard. And the rears are not even close to the quality of that pic.

If the parts are correct, it is a very easy job to swap them out. Just make sure you torque according to the manual, use new copper washers and bleed/flush completely.

Those will look good on your car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32