powder coated wheels

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just powder coated the wheels that I got from Roger on the VCA..

Thanks Roger..They look a little different now.

They still have to be clear coated but they turned out great. My neighbor does powder coating out of his garage. He has been powder coating for 20 years.

Just in time for the all Mopar show on Saturday.

Last edited:

kyjellywhite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just powder coated the wheels that I got from Roger on the VCA..

Thanks Roger..They look a little different now.

They still have to be clear coated but they turned out great. My neighbor does powder coating out of his garage. He has been powder coating for 20 years.

Just in time for the all Mopar show on Saturday.

Well one thing I can say is the reaction on this site was alot better than on that other Viper forum. 5 pages of bashing was gettin a little old.:crazy2:

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely one of a kind, but your neighbor does good work!

OP
OP
S

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think they look KILLER!!!!! I love it! Now, Does your neighbor want to do a set in blue???

Yes, he is looking for more business.. I will find out how much he will charge..

Blue would look good too..

I love posting this kind of stuff on the Alley. I knew it would throw them into a tizzy.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that turned out great...looking forward to pics of the wheels on the car...

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It... looks... gre

Sorry, I still think it looks like ass - regardless of what forum it's on. Put some stock 99-02 rims on it or some nice aftermarket wheels, rip off the wing and put it in your family room as a coffee table.

Stop encouraging random acts of poor taste.

I don't care if your feelings are hurt, I feel better telling you the truth.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I love the wheels, it makes it look acr-ish, but that wing is a bit much. Were you trying for rice with an American flavor or what?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That baby is a whole lotta red. I just recently took some pictures of mine and was thinking that it was a whole lotta yellow...I'm trying to decide what to do to break up the yellow...I have zero interest in adding stripes ;).

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not gonna join in and bash you "personally" like others have done. The below is just constructive critique, imho.

For a show car, the wheels are too small and dont fill the wheel gap well and the red/black combo makes the rims look even smaller not to mention lethal doses of overkill on the red/black theme. For show you should have gotten 20" rims, blacked them out and put a pin stripe around the lip edge if you really wanted to do a red/black rim theme. Or if this is the only rim you got then a red pinstripe would have been better instead of the whole barrel being red which makes the rim look smaller imho. Also it needs a drop BADLY. Not a fan of the wing but it is for a show you stated and Ive seen far worse at car shows.

Heres a quick, cheap PS of what I mean.
You must be registered for see images

For comparison
attachment.php

Last edited:

bigmack339

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakebitten, could u chop the top wing off so maybe the guy will understand what we are trying to tell him.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That baby is a whole lotta red. I just recently took some pictures of mine and was thinking that it was a whole lotta yellow...I'm trying to decide what to do to break up the yellow...I have zero interest in adding stripes ;).

I love Yellow cars but they always need a contrast .Black somewhere! :dunno: