Power window / B pillar seal RT 10

2002snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY HOME AND PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN !!!
I did a search and didn"t find much... It seems as if my passenger window goes up too high. It comes up so far it stretches the b-pillar rubber .The rubber has seperated , luckily on the inside of the car.The car does not leak but the dealer says the part to repair it is 350.00$$ WOW a plastic cover and a rubber gasket attached !!! lol Viper tax Who ever had the car before me tried to repair it with black adhesive but didn't lower the adjustment on the window. Is this a common problem?? Do I need to remove the door panel to adjust the window down 1/4 inch??It goes up high enough to slightly lift the hard top now ,just a small adjustment would allow the new adhesive to cure and hold .

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have you ever had to adjust your doors at the hinge because of sag? This could a reason for the window appearing to go up higher than its suppose to. I was able to fix my rubber seals wear edge of the windows ride into with super glue. Both driver and passenger I did this with. I didn't use much glue at all and you can't even tell, its been over a year and they are still holding.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Chuck Tator. He knows of a way to adjust the travel.

While you're on the phone with him, buy 20 or 30 new cars too. If everyone did that, he wouldn't be getting ribbed by DC.

OP
OP
2002snake

2002snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY HOME AND PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN !!!
It's a 2002 with 4500 miles . The doors are like new . In fact everything is like new. The guy who had it tried to fix it .If he had lowered the window it would have worked. I'm sure chuck has his hands full right now . Doe anyone have info about the windows?? it seems like a simple fix, I might have to lower the whole regulator

Last edited:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I'm sure chuck has his hands full right now"

The plate may have a little too much on it right now but don't ever hesitate to ask me with your questions.:cool: When we talk, I can walk you through the adjustment.:2tu:
914-763-3136

Call Chuck Tator. He knows of a way to adjust the travel.

While you're on the phone with him, buy 20 or 30 new cars too. If everyone did that, he wouldn't be getting ribbed by DC.

All every one has to do is just buy one vehicle from me at COST and that would put it where it counts!:D