Power window problem

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Black">
My 96 GTS has just developed a new "personality feature". The drivers window is sluggish in the top four inches or so of the run. When it is fully up, I need to give it a push to get it started. It rolls up fine until that last four inches, and then it crawls. It will go all the way up by itself, but slowly. It will not come down by itself probably 2 out of three times.

Anyone have any experience / ideas with this?

Thanks!
</FONT c>

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have almost the same trouble with mine !
Thankfully, I have dealer installed emergency handles.
If you have problems again, grab the manual (finger sized)
emergency ring at the lower front corner of the window,
lift up and pull to the rear. Instant relief !

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig,
Your going to have to open the door up and lube [white grease] the window tracks. That should help. I've repaired a lot of windows with the same symptoms.
BURNOUT.gif

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Chuck... same symptoms on my car. Fortunately, still under warranty. All they did was take the door apart, lube the tracks, and PRESTO. Fixed windows.

OP
OP
C

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Black">
Chuck - thank you very much for the tip. I will give greasing up the tracks a go. I have always used Lubriplate for this kind of thing; anything unique about the Viper that would cause me to use something else?

Between my son's birthday party, a Superbowl party, and a bunch of honey-do's I am not going to get to this for a few days. I can use the time to figure out how to get the door apart without generating the need to buy new parts to replace the ones I ruined.
laugh.gif

Thanks Again!
Craig
</FONT c>