Power windows on a Gen1?

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay. I love the side exhaust of the Gen 2. I love that it doesn't flag me with no cats ;) I love the solid hood with no duct. I like a few characteristics about it. I hate thought that I can't roll up or down windows. So will Gen 2 Doors fit the car with power windows and such? IF not, is there a kit for power windows for the Gen 1's? Thanks guys!

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that someone had asked a question about this in the past. I can't recall all the info, but as I remember the gen 2 doors will fit but the weather stripping will need to be changed and it is a bit costly. As far as I know there is no kit. I would do a search for this topic. I hope that this helps.

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

I think that you'll end up finding (as I did) that Mopar Steve's suggestion is the best. It would probably cost you somewhere in the $12-15,000 range (used parts and labor) to get this done properly. So, to take a Gen 2 (with all its other benefits) and change the side sills and exhaust would be the easiest, quickest, and most cost effective way of having the best of all worlds - even after factoring the difference from your car's sale price and the purchase of a newer one.
I'm thinking of selling my 1994 and doing this to a Gen 2 myself. I just don't know if I'll end up getting a GTS or another RT/10. A member of the New England chapter has a GTS with the sidepipes installed. I have to say that it looks awesome!

Good Luck!
Paul
:2tu:

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.
To make the changes necessary to the gen2
1. Gen1 hood
2. Side Sills and heat shield

So to have the above two peices put on a Gen 2...I assume would cost a pretty penny.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixagg