Powerwindow/Regulator replace

svensk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The drivers side power window motor is about 40% slower than the passenger side. I took the car to local Dodge dealership. they stated it needed a new power window motor/regulator. They also stated it was back ordered from Dodge. My car is still under warranty until February 2010. How do I get around getting this fixed before the warranty expires? Mine is a 01 GTS (Red cause it is the fastest!)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The window regulator still works and that is a big plus :2tu:. You can take off the door panel and lube up the guides or tracks to make the movement happen much smoother. Call Chuck Tator at 914-763-3136. He can fix you up!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, is the statement that these are "on backorder" to mean that there will be more made, or a deterrent to the fact that they are becoming a rare out of production part?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as you have your window problem documented with that dealer prier to your warranty running out and when or if they make more regulators you are still covered!

Also have them check the voltage at the motor because I have found a few window switch's at fault. While they are in there, have them lube ALL the moving parts!

I concur, RED is fastest! :D

Thanks Mike! :cool: