Preparing for VOI 12: I'm finally going.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't contain my excitement, I really can't. I've been tweeting Ralph and Kuno, took pics for the SRT tour page, been in contact with various forum members who really stood up to the plate to lend me a hand to find a ride down to Charlotte. Well thanks to Mike (Vypr Byt 94), Willem's (InjectTheVenom) thread, and Mark (Zoomie) things are falling into place as I did NOT want to miss this event at all! Since VOI 12 was announced that it was going to be on the east coast for the first time, I've been going nuts! I'd like to extend a thanks to Art and the So Cal VCA for an extended invite. Mike found out in another thread that Mark was going to be heading down to VOI in his 00' GTS with an open seat, so I reached out via email and Mark quickly locked in a hotel room. (Oddly enough which is the exact same hotel I was at last year! :lmao:) Of course, were about a month away, several things still need to be finalized but what's holding me back from starting now!? :D

So I recently took inventory of my equipment, which you can see here. I'll be rocking both SLRs (which means I'll be going crazy, don't think I won't be! I shot 1200+ photos in one day this year at Summit Point), a few batteries, chargers, a pair of lenses with a set of filters and quite a few sharpies plus my laptop. Sharpies are VERY important, you never know who you run into down in Charlotte. Still unsure about bringing that suction mount, It's a Manfrotto which I bought from a photographer friend and it's been on cars up to 140 mph. I just purchased a new Cam Caddie Scorpion which is a neat little hand held support system for video SLRs (which is my red Pentax K-R) to catch all the action.

You must be registered for see images

And this, this will more or less be my attire through the event. :)

Just gotta get through these next few weeks! :drive:

--RS

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You better talk to your driver about available space :D Just kidding, should be a lot of fun shooting pics with this venue, huh. See you there.

Ron

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL I'm not to worried about space I'm a master when it comes to packing and I've been in WAY more confined spaces than the last 14 Vipers that I've been in (Murcielago, Prowler, Enzo, etc) My bag is like a regular sized backpack, two shirts and two pants should be good enough...

But have you ever sat in the 'third row' seat of a Toyota Landcruiser for 3 hours with four other people? Holy cow those things should be illegal to called friggin' seats. I sat with my head tucked down and my legs indian style, yet I'm 5'4-5'6! :nono:

--RS

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Space should not be a problem, I pack well also and don't plan on taking a lot. Lots of soft things can be stuffed in corners.
Still need to work out details with RS regarding departure and return, with caravan etc.

Mark

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really glad I was able to help in some part Ron :2tu: Lol you are exactly like me I am about to spontaneously combust from excitement also! You need to send me a Schen Photography shirt so that we can be the official VOI photography crew hehe.

If you ask me I think this VOI will not likely be able to top that of 2 years ago as far as the experience and story go (oh the memories!) but maybe I will be proven wrong. Yea definitely will be bringing both batteries and the charger, do you have tips on preventing dust specs on the CCD because my Nikon 300D has the same annoying black spot in pictures again? Looks like you come very well prepared.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have old Schen Photography shirts from when I was on another forum, I'll probably get more viper related ones in the future but not till after VOI. Dust spots, the best way to get rid of those is the swab and methanol method, but it's rather expensive. Most camera's have automatic sensor cleaning built in to it, I'm surprised that's not on the 300D. Always clean your lenses before you attach them, less chance of debris getting on the CCD or CMOS.

Read this for your Nikon, should help http://www.nature-photography-central.com/Nikon_CCD_Cleaning.html

I ordered this on Amazon the other day and it came today, it's called the Cam Caddie Scorpion. I have to say it's one of the cheapest best buys I've ever made! I just started filming a movie for after VOI 12 and I'm not going cheap on this one...It'll be Top gear quality showcasing the entire thing from start to finish.

--RS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950