Price of an oil chnage?

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is everyone payin?

I manage a collision shop and the best i could come up with for me doing the oil change is $83 no charge on labor.

It would be lower if i went to wal mart and picked up the oil with it being on sale right now.

OP
OP
R

Rheeder218

Viper Owner
Reaction score
-> 10 qts. 0W-40 @ $6.99/qt. Plus tax.

-> Mobil 1 filter $10.99. Plus tax.

-> DIY labor = $0 of course.

-> 6-pack of adult beverages $5.99 to $8.99.
yes thats the price i came up with me doing it.

But im looking for what other people actually pay someone to change their oil.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1/2hr of labor is what i would expect to pay

around here thats 35-45bucks
add to that the price of whatever oil/filter you would like:2tu:

This oilchange im on Motul8100 which is $10/qt.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I've paid between $130-140 for an oil change when I've been too lazy to do it myself. You only make that mistake once.

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At a dealership here,before they realized I had a plan that pays for changes,they quoted me about $200.00CDN.
They charge about $10-12/litre of 0W-40,plus filter and labour

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid as much as $149.88 at the dealer I had been using since I got my '05, a small Chysler/Jeep dealership. Then, when they got the plug pulled on them by the new Chrysler, I felt bad for them. Anyway, I tried a new fancier dealership and they only charged me $98. Sh@@t! I was getting screwed the whole time at the little guy and never knew it!:smirk:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is everyone payin?

I pay whatever the going rate is for 10 quarts of Mobil 1 and filter at either AutoZone or O'Reiley. I do all my own oil changes because dealers overcharge for such a simple maintenance procedure.

I wouldn't buy a bag of kitty litter from Walmart, much less anything for my Viper. Two reasons for that:

1. I don't own a cat
2. I don't shop at Walmart

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it myself. In Canadian dollars I pay approx $40 per 5 qt (2) plus $15 for oem filter. $95CDN or $86 US.

Dealers in my area charge $169 plus tax CDN to change oil. It's worth doing it yourself.......well.....until I have to take off that $##@! oil filter using jack stands.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Use the Viper specific filters and skip the Mobil 1. They will be about the same price and we designed specifically for the Vipers flow characteristics , etc.

Prices will vary , and usually will be a bit higher if a Viper Tech does the oil change than if you let the Lube Rack Tech do it. Dealers have differing views on this, though we always employ our Viper Techs to do the oil change and checks on Vipers and SRT vehicles.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it the really cheap way i do it. 10 quarts at Walmart, Mopar filters in bulk from the Wizard and convince your wife you need to add a $4000 lift. If I do several hundred changes, the lift will pay for itself.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper