probably a stupid ques., but what the hell!

charmer006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ARe clutches covered under factory warrenty by dc? I bought a 7yr new car warrenty for my 00 gts and my clutch is gone...only 19k on it.
thanx in advance

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your warranty contract.. It says what is covered and what is not.
I have the 7 year / 70,000 miles warranty as well and it does cover the clutch.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Falconeer,

Are you SURE the warranty covers the clutch? I had the clutch replaced on the car before selling it, and I assumed that a wear item like clutches and brake pads wouldn't be covered...

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
warranties usually dont cover clutch, brake pads, battery, oil changes, tires. the normal wear and tear stuff. not stupid question. actually good to know.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
still strong after so many passes at the drag strip this season so far and 29K miles. watch it go bad this weekend now that we mentioned it.

Falconeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Falconeer,

Are you SURE the warranty covers the clutch? I had the clutch replaced on the car before selling it, and I assumed that a wear item like clutches and brake pads wouldn't be covered...

You're right.. Wear and tear is not covered..
I was a little too fast on that one, but if the clutch breaks and it's not fatigue it should be covered.

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 7 year 70,000 also. My does not cover the clutch. I had to pay to replace it.

OP
OP
C

charmer006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx for the replies...is centerforce duel friction or the new rps clutch better than the other? or is there a dark horse clutch id dont know about that is good?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are no stupid questions, just stupid People (Like AB), thats a great question and I was goign to be suprised if anyone got one covered other then a DEFECTIVE unit.

Jon

LOL! Not as stupid as what you found in that bucket of yours! :D

4596Paxton-destroy3-med.jpg

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no stupid questions, just stupid People (Like AB), thats a great question and I was goign to be suprised if anyone got one covered other then a DEFECTIVE unit.

Jon

LOL! Not as stupid as what you found in that bucket of yours! :D

Lol, who is the guy that had to pull his WHOLE motor apart and is NOT under warranty ?? OH THATS RIGHT... AB !!!!! YAHOOO.. you Win AB, I have a full Warranty.... you have a bucket of thrown together bolts, tie wraps,duck tape, soy sause, and rice !! Congrats... I'd be proud of something I poured in over 20 grand into and I have to come up with excuses on dyno day !! Still my hero AB... Hows the kid beating up going ??

-Proud Father of AB, the guy who beats up kids, and has rice for a car.

OP
OP
C

charmer006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car is still driveable...even raceable on street tires...but with the slicks it just wont hold the power anymore

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one replced under warrenty on my old GTS, however we have a great viper tech and Dodge dealer that goes to bat for us. Anyone in the OR area that needs work done..... go to Timberline Dodge on Sandy Blvd. and see Ken Klickman.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4