Problem with auto window

jbird1974

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a problem with my auto window with door latch function. I have an 2008 SRT10 coupe. When I depress the door release, the auto window function would lower about 1/4" to open the door & would raise back up when the door is closed. This function is not working on the driver side only. There is a clearance issue now where the window makes
contact with the roof. Without realizing it, I almost broke the glass!
Has anyone come across this problem? I am sure there is a sensor failure for this function. Does anyone happen to know what controls this action? It is apparent that the driver and passenger operate separately.....

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The BCM (Body Control Module) controls the action of window lowering and door release. If it's not the BCM, then you have the dreaded window regulator issue which is quite common on Gen III/IV Vipers. Do a thread search on window regulators and you'll learn all you need to know.

OP
OP
J

jbird1974

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I will try it as soon as I get home and let you know.
I had an issue two years ago with the passenger side rolling down too far. ended up being a window regulator. Costly! But was under warranty...
If this doesnt work I am assuming its the driver regulator...

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, at least the cost of a new regulator has come down significantly over the past year or so. I still can't believe Dodge made folks pay $1100 for a new still poorly designed (the plastic tube part), flimsy window regulator. The new one is supposedly a better design.

OP
OP
J

jbird1974

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...... after a visit to the dealer.... ends up being what I thought. A bad regulator. Window was going up too far and bent a piece on the rail. I had the passenger side replaced 2 years ago. I cant believe how cheap these parts are made....

blackvenom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is parts and labor on something like this? Think both mine are going out...

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regulators are around 300 bucks a piece now. Can easily be installed in your garage as long as you're confident in your door panel removal skills :). The first door/regulator is a pain, but the second door/regulator will be a breeze.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte