Problem with Paxton split second box????

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today i went to move my viper out of the garage after the battery was finally charged after 2-3 days on the battery tender. A few days ago the car was dead (battery is only a year old), i tried jumping it with a jumper box a few times with no luck, then a battery charger with no luck so i decided to just hook it to the tender and wait.
Well today it started right up but would barely run.... as i tried to clear it up it didn't' get any better. as i backed it out of the garage, it was popping real bad.
i drove it and noticed a few things:
-No check engine light (yet)
-fuel pressure was 60psi at idle like normal but under load it dropped and the fuel pumps with the paxton were obviously not coming on.
-under deceleration in gear the popping noise was as loud as gun shots!

Is it possible that the voltage fluctuation cooked my Split second box?

anyone ever any issues like this with paxton gen 3's??

OP
OP
R

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, i disconnected and bypassed the split second box. car runs fine. dammit i really didnt' want to have to replace it. hope its warrantied or maybe a computer update will fix it. I don't really have an extra $500 laying around

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the SS that I removed from my '06 coupe, if you are ok with a used one. It worked perfectly, I just replaced it with a legit fuel system and now use SCT software to tune the car.

Yours for $275 shipped.

Tony

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang