problems with fuel pump

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran my 97 gts out of gas, now with fresh gas and fuel filter car will not start anybody else heard of problems like this and or a resolution ..:dunno:

Thanks tom h
rentme:dunno:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to cycle the fuel pump about 5-10 times(turn the key to the on position then off) until you hear the sound changes (lower whine).

NEVER LET YOUR CAR RUN OUT OF GAS!!!!!

:D :D :D

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There should be a schrader valve on the intake manifold (also on a 97?), try letting some air out to prime the system or to check if there's pressurized fuel in the system when the key is on?

I've ran out of gas.. but it started up ok.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you continue to have problems, you can force the pump to run 100% of the time (when key is on) by connecting K31 20 BR/VT (brown/violet stripe) wire in the plug harness (next to the amplifier in the trunk) to ground. The PCU switches the pump on by grounding this lead.

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might want to cycle the fuel pump about 5-10 times(turn the key to the on position then off) until you hear the sound changes (lower whine).

NEVER LET YOUR CAR RUN OUT OF GAS!!!!! no shi. huh

:D :D :D

I tride this it still just will not start thanx !!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:drive: I have a roe blower is that valve changed over to the roe intake ????

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you continue to have problems, you can force the pump to run 100% of the time (when key is on) by connecting K31 20 BR/VT (brown/violet stripe) wire in the plug harness (next to the amplifier in the trunk) to ground. The PCU switches the pump on by grounding this lead.

Is it possible that the pump could have burned out or gotten damaged buy cranking it with no gas in the tank ?????? Thanx:confused:

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for all your help guys the viper is back up and running !!!!!!!!!!!!:drive: