Problems with Woodhouse frame recall, Details inside.......

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"There are too many positive experiences to allow one negative to cause me to lose all perspective on this"

Torque....great comment and hopefully supporting what I have said, it's just about business statistics, you're a senior level consultant, I think you get it.

Yes it was your post that I felt I should support and then the following one added to it. My earlier comments were simply trying to be constructive in the one area that needed attention - and hopefully it's all in hand now both for Paolo and in the service dept. If so - good work Woodhouse!!

Any business that can generate that much business and repeat business from such a small town has my utmost respect! :2tu:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Well, I guess that was a shot at me so I'll respond to the "glossing over successful business managers" crack.
I don't know what you do but I'm CEO of my own business, ex CEO of a successful business with other investors, and ex senior VP of a fortune 50. Now if you think you have superior business knowledge how can you refute the point that I tried to make in a quiet way with an ebay reference. In any sensible business decision you look at the FACTS, NOT THE EMOTIONS. In this case we have a vendor who has been in the Viper business for many years and who appears via the internet to have a stellar reputation. I challenge anyone to do a search here and come up with a negative. Now one individual comes on and makes comments negatively, the other side capitulates and fixes it. Woodhouse chose, perhaps not wisely, to NOT tell their side of the story, but that might have seemed to them the best public relations way to go, as Paolo was acting very much the gentleman and agreeing that all was well now. Now how the HELL does a gazzillion positive comments and one negative comment consist of "glossing it over" in terms of good business sense. Gimme a break!

WOW! I was a VP in a Fortune 20 company and I'm CEO of my own company too just like everyone else with their own company! As far as ebay goes give me a break. I don't consider things said on ebay as the end all to beat all. BTW, any successful business man knows that PERCEPTION is REALITY and PERCEPTION includes EMOTION. You want to make your business decisions on reality only...good luck!

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very classy Paolo; very classy...

"Nancy Schanno(The woman who handles all viper service business jointly with Rick Maxwell==> He does the work and she corresponds with the customer regarding timing, what's going on, when the car is scheduled to be done/etc......For a woman doing a man's job, she's not bad at all, you know?)"

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel it is dangerous to just assume a vendor/dealer/tuner is above reproach based solely of past transactions. Just because Woodhouse has an outstanding reputation does not mean they might not have acted inappropriately in this case or perhaps in your case tomorrow. I am sure that the first few times problems surfaced with H.M.S. the initial reaction was "Joh* Henn** is the best tuner alive!! He is on every mag cover... he has contributed sooo much to the Viper nation!! He did my car and I 100% love it! No problems, everything as advertised, perfect! There must be something we don't know!!". Sound familiar? Only to find out that H.M.S. was in trouble, actually was cheating Viper owners and a lot more people got screwed because of it.

I do feel that past reputation should give someone the benefit of some doubt though and it seems the matter is headed in the right direction.

But you have to ask yourself... would this be the case had the issue not been raised on this site??? The evidence seems to indicate that it would not have because Paolo could not even get any one on the phone.

I also have to say that if this were say APEX, there would have been a dozen people demanding more answers from Bob as he did not offer any explanation for most of what Paolo outlined in his initial post. What about all the repeated mistakes and a seemingly complete lack of quality control on critical repairs? What about the apparent cover up of mistakes? What about Bill seemingly verbally abusing him? What about avoiding the issue and the customer for weeks? What about being told after all this "Bill Pemberton and Bob Woodhouse are no longer accepting calls from you". Paolo will probable get his $400 back and that is great but what about all the "issues" that were raised and not addressed??

I originally posted that there must be another side but I have yet to see one demonstrated and as a result I would hesitate before doing business with Woodhouse.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point Mr. fellow CEO is that let's deal with reality and NOT perception. The REALITY is that there is not a single negative comment on this site regarding Woodhouse. So what business logic would make you want to assume that the sky is falling over Nebraska. One negative comment!!! Sorry if you don't like the ebay analogy! And as to your last comment..."You want to make all your business decisions based on reality only.....good luck!" Yes I absolutely do want to make all my business decisions based on reality, and if YOU don't start subscribing to that you won't be in business much longer. Torque, would you like to add your comments to this theory about reality? I mean really, give me a major break here, we're gonna make business decisions based on PERCEPTION? Did the man really say this? And then, after another reread of this nonsense, you're gonna make decisions based on EMOTION?!! Torquie, help me with this guy quick, he needs some consulting!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very classy Paolo; very classy...

"Nancy Schanno(The woman who handles all viper service business jointly with Rick Maxwell==> He does the work and she corresponds with the customer regarding timing, what's going on, when the car is scheduled to be done/etc......For a woman doing a man's job, she's not bad at all, you know?)"

Fletcher, I think I already answered this one. Maybe you should check back a few pages to ease your concerns.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUTHERE - for servicing work I'd share your concerns until I was convinced I had no reason to be concerned.

In hindsight it may have been handled differently. The other side of the coin is that a guy managing a multi-million dollar operation does not want to waste time over a $400 problem or take flack over it - but that is not Paolo's fault - there was a break-down in problem resolution for it to get to Bobs desk in the first place. I'm sure he'll know how to fix that from happening again by ensuring problems get resolved without having to reach his desk.

Bob pays staff to take care of those problems and if quality assurance breaks down to the point it threatens to erode goodwill in any part of his business - he'll be first to be concerned and act. Its not our business - but I'd think it safe to assume he is already onto it.

However for car sales I would not be concerned at all - Paolo is first to agree their sales service is outstanding.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You want to make your business decisions on reality only...good luck!"

Wouldn't you choose reality?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
My point Mr. fellow CEO is that let's deal with reality and NOT perception. The REALITY is that there is not a single negative comment on this site regarding Woodhouse. So what business logic would make you want to assume that the sky is falling over Nebraska. One negative comment!!! Sorry if you don't like the ebay analogy! And as to your last comment..."You want to make all your business decisions based on reality only.....good luck!" Yes I absolutely do want to make all my business decisions based on reality, and if YOU don't start subscribing to that you won't be in business much longer. Torque, would you like to add your comments to this theory about reality? I mean really, give me a major break here, we're gonna make business decisions based on PERCEPTION? Did the man really say this? And then, after another reread of this nonsense, you're gonna make decisions based on EMOTION?!! Torquie, help me with this guy quick, he needs some consulting!

You sound like one of those guys that believes everything in the world is either black or white. I'll be in business long after you if you believe that perception and emotion do not factor into wise business decisions. Are you doing business with people or robots as customers? Do people have emotions? Do emotions contribute to a person's perception of reality? You're the one that needs a consultant unless all you're doing is selling black or white widgets! :headbang:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"if you believe that perception and emotion do not factor into wise business decisions. Are you doing business with people or robots as customers? Do people have emotions? Do emotions contribute to a person's perception of reality?"

People have emotions. People have perceptions.
These are realities.
If you are selling something and that something plays to the very real perceptions and emotions that people have,
then you are dealing with reality.

What's the argument? Everything you are dealing with is reality.
Name something that you do in your business that isn't reality.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You sound like one of those guys that believes everything in the world is either black or white. I'll be in business long after you if you believe that perception and emotion do not factor into wise business decisions. Are you doing business with people or robots as customers? Do people have emotions? Do emotions contribute to a person's perception of reality? You're the one that needs a consultant unless all you're doing is selling black or white widgets! :headbang:

:D You guys are a riot! :D

Actually you are both right, but your perceptions of what you are meaning by using the same terms are different so it appears you are disagreeing. What Joe said about reality is right - it INCLUDES emotion because try as we might humans can never be perfectly objective, only a computer can operate soley on brutal logic.

Our brains take stuff in and process it - but although you and I take in the same stimuli - say we're looking at the same business scenario - we will each process those stimuli competely differently. We may come up with the same conclusions, but how we got there will be unique for each of us.

James Newman in his book "Unleash Your Brakes" shows how our brains first perceive, then associate, then evaluate, then decide - at a conscious level. Behind all that is the unconscious level of our "reality base" where there are automatic activities, conflict resolution and processes going on. MOre than that - listen to this...

"To the degree that you experience an event vividly in your imagination, it is accepted and recorded subconsciously as "reality" - something that has actually happened!"

So somthing happens in your past and you make a judgment on it with the half information you have - you PICTURE what you think happened. Later that picture is your reality and will be your automatic frame of reference next time you face the same situation or person etc.

Nevertheless - as said - a good businessperson will try to over-rule their "feelings" to be able to see how the facts stack up and rule on the facts. That makes sense - if we were ruled by our feelings all the time we'd be nuerotic, and Devil Dog won't have become successful by gut feelings alone. However the point is none of us EVER have all the facts and perfect information - therefore there is always judgment to be made and therefore -emotion is involved and we'd need a good reason to over-rule a very strong feeling - we'd need something stronger to overcome it.

I think I just confused myself :crazy: :)

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not said a word on this thread up to this point...BUT...Guys, you are killing this. This is ONE comment about a guy who everybody else thinks is great. All of my experiences with Woodhouse have also been nothing but honest, upfront and great....car dealer or no car dealer. BOB WOODHOUSE IS A STRAIGHT UP GUY.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(I hit send before I meant to).

Bob paid me for bumping me in a race when other drivers NEVER do that. He painted another car of mine for the same cost as the original quote when the price of the job escalated because they couldn't do the process the way they had originally planned. If Bob Woodhouse stopped returning calls, there was a reason. My God, ONE GUY MAKES ONE COMMENT ONCE and you guys want to castrate a guy who has been the biggest supporter of the Viper Community in the country. Woodhouse PAYS for newbies to try Viper Days....if he does things like this, you think that he's trying to rip off Castellano for a couple of bucks? Come on guys...think about it. Give this thread a rest.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew! Just got done putting my car on the lift by myself! Not easy with a car with a possible blown tranny or broken clutch. We will see soon!

Sorry I got on so late.

I have to say we should put this thread to rest.

I was talking to the fabricator who fixed my frame when Bob called. I did not get over quick enough and it went to voicemail.

When I called back, the girl told me Bob was on the other line. I told her he was probably leaving me a message to call him. I told her who I was and she said she would check if Bob was accepting my calls. I assured her he was and Bob came on and told me how he had received the proper documentation and that the check is in the mail.

I am sure everything will be fine. Thank you Bob for taking care of business!

I would also like to thank everybody here on this site for their support and discussion of both sides of the coin.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21