Proform shift light users...

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered one of these today, couple questions: Where do I pick up a tach signal?

Also, I know I'll have to cheat the numbers a bit for the V10, but any idea where to start? Like, what equals 5300 RPM?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Gen car? I just did a shift beeper install write up (may have migrated to the PAY section) on my GTS and I picked up the tach wire in the driver side footwell.

The Gen 1 you can get at it from the back of the tach.

In both cases you can also tap the wire at the PCM under the hood.

OP
OP
T

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops, guess I should have mentioned that! Its a 97 GTS. How do I identify which wire it is?

Also, is there a way to join online, via paypal or something?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does that shift light take a Tach signal, or one of the 5 coil pack signals from the PCM?

Later,

OP
OP
T

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, for whatever reason we can't find the gray wire with the blue tracer. What connector by the PCM under the hood would it be in? C3, the front one?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GRAY wire with the LIGHT BLUE tracer:

To find the wire at the PCM: It is located in the Gray PCM connector (C101), Pin number C31.

The connectors can be removed by squeezing tabs on the top and bottom.
The pin numbers can be seen on the inside of the connectors if you so desire. However removing only the back cover of the connector is all that is required. This should pry off easily without removing the connector or damaging the cover.

Later,

OP
OP
T

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got it all installed and it doesn't work. Got 12V and ground so I have no idea whats wrong. I know I have to set it higher than intended to work with the V10, but even setting it at 3K it doesn't come one. Ideas?

OP
OP
T

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, called Proform, they aren't much help.

I set it for 4 cylinder mode like some do with the Auto meter and it seems to work, once the snow clears I'll give it a shot on the street with some real RPM.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I got it all installed and it doesn't work. Got 12V and ground so I have no idea whats wrong. I know I have to set it higher than intended to work with the V10, but even setting it at 3K it doesn't come one. Ideas?

Did you use the Tach signal (I assume you did)?

Do a search here and see if others have used this light.
And, again I repeat (and the search may confirm the signal you need).

"Does that shift light take a Tach signal, or one of the 5 coil pack signals from the PCM"?

Later,

OP
OP
T

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes a tach signal, and it works now. Had to set it for 4 cyl. mode and it operates at 80% of the RPM setpoint. I set it to 6700 for about 5300 turn on.