Proof of VOI9 Special Edition

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now my insurance company wants some kind of proof my VOI9 Viper is a "special Edition" or Limited edition. Other than the VOI9 console badge how else can I prove it? I can't remember if we got any special VOI9 paperwork when the cars were purchased or not. Can I get a list of factory options from Dodge? That would show the VOI9 option group..

David

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny that the numbered dash plaque isn't enough. I'm trying to remember if I have any of the old paperwork from when VOI 9 was going on when they mentioned these cars. I will have to let you know.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems that almost all vipers are limited editions....there were, what 100 VOI9 cars ? How about whatever year you choose and any specials, wasn't there 350 special coupes that were red and white and called last editions (???), there are only a certain many built, the add on from the sticker should maybe help on resale value, anyone could have plaques made that say one of whatever, not trying to start a "fight" when I think back over the years many are unique, how about red RT10's that have the gold wheels/badging ?? What about 3 were made ?? How do you add a "kicker" of extra to these other than supply and demand....VOI9 's may be more valuable because someone wants one and is willing to buy it, but the next model year build the engines were increased by 100 HP, this seems to add more value ????!!! I feel all Vipers are unique and valuable ! My $.02

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will these help? This is the original mailer from dodge letting everyone know about the VOI. 9 cars.

CIMG2194.JPG

CIMG2195.JPG

CIMG2197.JPG

CIMG2198.JPG

OP
OP
S

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first offer from the insurance company was 49,500. I laughed at that. Then I faxed them several adds for 2006 VOI9 vipers all around 65K. While I agree with you almost every Viper is some kind of special edition in this case it's worth more than 10K in the insurance payoff. If your Viper is ever totaled you need to do everything possible to get the actual cash value to a fair level.

Next time I'm going with a stated value / collectors policy to avoid this issue.

Also, I'm about 90% sure I want another VOI9 car, so I'll pay the price it takes to get one. It's worth it to me :) I have to have a white car with blue stripes, so it's a VOI9 Viper or a Ford GT, unless Dodge makes another white/blue paint job available. I really do love the VOI9 blue interior so another white/blue model may not be as good to me.