PROOF that the Gen-V Viper is coming....

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my latest "Dodge Life" newsletter, 2010 volume 2, and there is a blurb in there that reads as follows:

You must be registered for see images
CELEBRATE VIPER.

On July 1, 2010, the last generation IV Viper came smoking off the line at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant (CAAP) in Detroit, to make way for the next generation. More than 400 Viper owners, including members of the Viper Club of America, were there for the celebration.

That's proof enough for me!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope so, but that statement could be from a bozo also

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a little faith! Has Chrysler let us down yet? What other car company asks the owners, "What do you want, what do you like?". :)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in most of the interviews with Ralph, he all but says Yes we are building the next GEN Viper. If Fiat is on board it will happen.

Bruce

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better bring a box of "Depends" to VOI incase Ralph shows up with some kind of super secret prototype GEN V to unveil. What other super secret sneek peak vehicle could it be (or that Viper owners would even care about) and they have formally announced they WILL be providing a super secret sneak peek at a future Dodge product, while having Nat Geo come out and film the whole weekend event in HD. Common sense, a blind man on a galloping horse and the powers of deduction clearly point in one direction.

All those people on the fence about VOI11, better get you ass to SLC as you will regret it. Less than one month away and I can't wait!

Last edited:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and they have formally announced they WILL be providing a super secret sneak peek at a future Dodge product,

I have a feeling it may be a more budget vehicle that may share the Viper platform to help with production costs...

HOWEVER, I hope I am wrong and its a sneak peak of a Gen V.:D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I do like to believe the glass is half full Kelly, it's just that they always give out that type of generic messages that do not neccessarily mean anything ;) Though the mention of a National Geographic film crew plus a sneak peak of 'something' at a Viper owners convention does seem to predict a 1+1=2.. just want to be cautious in case it turns out to not be what we all want to happen that's all. The Firepower or a derived-of concept like someone indicated also appears to be a valid candidate to me.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think its gonna happen---they are in to makin money,not a hobby car..

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like they put a lot of thought into the 2010 vipers and acr x ect..I think theirs more on the table

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes the truth of something can be determined by noticing who does not post in response to a thread. It seems to me that something about the Gen V has to be said at VOI. The silence since Herb's recent thread about wanting feedback from us on why the Viper should continue for him to provide to the decision makers is deafening.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes the truth of something can be determined by noticing who does not post in response to a thread. It seems to me that something about the Gen V has to be said at VOI. The silence since Herb's recent thread about wanting feedback from us on why the Viper should continue for him to provide to the decision makers is deafening.

You know Bob, I really am starting to have doubts about the Gen V being a reality. If Dodge was really serious about getting feedback on the Viper, wouldn't they contact current owners with a written or email questionaire to get real feedback on the people most likely to order the new Gen V, the current Viper owners? Really, asking for a second time on a forum on why to build the Viper seems a little strange. The majority of future Viper owners probably never even saw that post (there were two threads on the Grail....one asking what needed to be done to the future car and this latest one asking why it should be built IIRC).

One of the lasting impressions I have of Viper owners came to me at the 2007 SEMA show. Talking to customers through the day, I met two separate clients that were Viper guys. They both owned at least 2 Vipers and had already pre-ordered the new Gen IV and were excited about getting the unit in their hands. When I asked how they liked the car, they responded by saying it wasn't even built yet, but it had 600 hp, upgrades, best performing Viper ever, etc. At the time I couldn't even imagine ordering a $90k plus car without at least driving one. These guys had no problem with it and felt it was a performance bargin for what Dodge promised (and they were right).

I too am now in that group of Viper owners that would pre-order a unit if I had "some" idea of what was coming down the pike and it was desirable to me. If it is built, I think Dodge should offer up a discount on the purchase price on the first 500 units built if people want to put a deposit on getting their hands on it. I think Ferrari and other high end marks do this know with their limited production units...apparently very successfully.

I am hoping that the VOI will give us some sort of "hint" as to what's coming down the line. I'm thinking you may see some other Dodge model with uber performance mods try to take the place of the current Viper platform for the uncertain future.

Lets hope for the best.

Cheers,
George

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody know how many dollars it takes to get a new edition car ready for a build?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, someone in tune with the auto industry give the statistic on how many prototypes make production.

I've been in industry for 30 years, and can't tell you how many projects I've been mid-construction on when the plug gets pulled. "No longer economically viable." Make the work site safe and send home the contractors.

Sure it would be great if the Viper lives. Sure they may be bringing a prototype to VOI. But like bluesrt kind of captured, do you think they're gonna spend $??MM building that car if the economics don't add up or change mid World economic turmoil?

I'm glass half full, but smart enough to realize that a glossy article in a mag means squat.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please, someone in tune with the auto industry give the statistic on how many prototypes make production.

I've been in industry for 30 years, and can't tell you how many projects I've been mid-construction on when the plug gets pulled. "No longer economically viable." Make the work site safe and send home the contractors.

Sure it would be great if the Viper lives. Sure they may be bringing a prototype to VOI. But like bluesrt kind of captured, do you think they're gonna spend $??MM building that car if the economics don't add up or change mid World economic turmoil?

I'm glass half full, but smart enough to realize that a glossy article in a mag means squat.
Right on, things have to get a lot better before you see the GEN V Viper. Its a desperate world right now and unfortunately, not to many out there to slam 100K down on a car:( Hope things get better soon, but ive been saying that for 2 years now

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm, imagine this with a viper emblem on it! :omg:

HHMMMM sweet, problem is it wont be street legal :(. Isnt that Ferari's new limited edition for like 50 owners or something on that order.700HP or some crazy number,read about this beast recently, it is gorgeous.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please, someone in tune with the auto industry give the statistic on how many prototypes make production..

Short answer: ALL Viper Prototypes since 1988 except ONE came to fruition, in one final form or another..... And all did so inside a relatively remarkable short time frame.

I believe that if Chrysler survives, (good report Aug 31) we will see a Gen 5.