Proper jacking procedure?

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One funny observation: I did a search for "Jack up Viper" and the first post was "How about sharing some "chick"/ Viper pics !!!!!!" Someone must REALLY be enjoying that thread. :rolaugh:

Anyway. I know if you don't jack up Corvettes the proper way, you can tweak your frame. Is there any particular order or guidelines for lifting your Viper? Other than sticking to the proper jack points of course.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the title of this thread and was thinking...

-> Approach your victim from a rearward angle.

-> Choose older females if possible, driving low key sedans.

-> Do not pull your.....

Reaction score
The Dodge Viper has an incredibly strong frame, you can lift it in the front jack point and get both side wheels off the ground. Place a jack stand under the front frame and let it down. Jack the same on the other side and place your stand, then when you jack up the rear you can do it from behind the rear tire catching the rear frame extension by the back of the under tray. This will jack up the entire rear of the car for placing stands on the frame also. You will want to have a piece of wood or some other protection in the rear to limit any possible damage to the under tray.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a procedure for this in my engine mount write up. You can find it here: http://forums.viperclub.org/2408124-post2.html

I was amazed about how strong the Viper frame was when I first jacked up the car. I found a floor jack that slips under the front fascia and reaches the frame perfectly. It's so easy getting Viper on jacks. I would note that be sure to place something soft between the frame and jack such as a rug or packing foam so as not to dent/scratch the frame.